Research Associate in Biomedical Engineering
4 days left
- Full Time
The newly-established Khalifa University of Science and Technology combines The Masdar Institute of Science and Technology, Khalifa University of Science, Technology and Research and The Petroleum Institute into one world-class, research-intensive institution, seamlessly integrating research and education to produce world leaders and critical thinkers in applied science and engineering. Khalifa University of Science and Technology endeavors to be a leader among research intensive universities of the 21st century, while catalyzing the growth of Abu Dhabi and the UAE’s rapidly developing knowledge economy.
- To provide high quality research support and undertake internationally competitive research aimed at publication thereby contributing to the academic and research mission of the University.
- Ability to present research plans and findings in a convincing style, both in oral and written modes of communication.
- Operational Responsibilities requires the Research Associate to engage in the design of experiments; execution of experimental studies; the organization of the results of the research; day-to-day support of graduate research students and senior design project students.
- M.S. or M. Eng. in Chemistry or Biological Engineering or Chemical Engineering or Biochemistry or Analytical Sciences
- The Biosensor Group in the Biomedical Engineering has an available position for a Research Associate, effective from July 2018. The position will be involved in the surface chemistry, novel materials, electrochemistry and bio-microsystems for developing new microdevice properties and electromechanical probe in cardiovascular target detection. Successful candidate should hold a degree in in Chemistry or Biological Engineering or Chemical Engineering or Biochemistry or Analytical Sciences with strong written and verbal communication skills in English. The research areas of focus span the fields of engineering, biology, electrochemistry, and materials science and involve collaborative work with other teams. The candidate will be expected to work independently, publish scholarly papers and take on a supportive role for undergraduate student instructions.
- The following characters will be expected from the successful candidate: Self-motivation; Strong aptitude and demonstrated expertise in hands-on experimental research; Exposures with biosensors, electrochemistry and bio-microsystem; Experience with electrochemical characterization techniques. Background in materials synthesis, electrochemical characterization, and biological microdevice integration will be desirable.
How To Apply
You will be required to attach the following:
- Passport-size photograph
- Teaching and Research Statement
More searches like this
- Permanent Engineering & Technology Research Associate jobs in United Arab Emirates
- Permanent Clinical, Pre-clinical & Health Research Associate jobs in United Arab Emirates
- Permanent Medicine & Dentistry Research Associate jobs in United Arab Emirates
- Permanent General Engineering Research Associate jobs in United Arab Emirates