Postdoctoral Fellow in Biomedical Engineering
6 days left
- Full Time
The newly-established Khalifa University of Science and Technology combines The Masdar Institute of Science and Technology, Khalifa University of Science, Technology and Research and The Petroleum Institute into one world-class, research-intensive institution, seamlessly integrating research and education to produce world leaders and critical thinkers in applied science and engineering. Khalifa University of Science and Technology endeavors to be a leader among research intensive universities of the 21st century, while catalyzing the growth of Abu Dhabi and the UAE’s rapidly developing knowledge economy.
- To provide high quality research support and undertake internationally competitive research aimed at publication thereby contributing to the academic and research mission of the University.
- Since the Postdoctoral experience is transitional to becoming an independent researcher or faculty member, the Postdoctoral tries their best to acquire the varied skills necessary to advance their career with guidance from the advisor. These skills include, but are not limited to, the ability to present research plans and findings in a convincing style, both in oral and written modes of communication, the ability to understand research group management and supervision of others, the ability to establish contacts and network with colleagues pursuing a similar research agenda, the ability to organize and teach a class or a course if more inclined towards a teaching career
- Operational Responsibilities requires the Postdoctoral to engage in the design and development of research project; execution of experimental studies; the dissemination of the results of the research; day-to-day advice and support of graduate research students
- Ph.D. in Chemistry or Biological Engineering or Chemical Engineering or Biochemistry or Analytical Sciences
- The Biosensor Group in the Biomedical Engineering has an available position for a Post-Doctoral fellow, effective from July 2018. The position will be involved in the development of biosensor fabrication, novel materials, electrochemistry and bio-microsystems for (A) Biosensing for cardiovascular health management, (B) microdevice integration for molecular detection of biological targets. Successful candidate should hold a degree in in Chemistry or Biological Engineering or Chemical Engineering or Biochemistry or Analytical Sciences with strong written and verbal communication skills in English. The research areas of focus span the fields of engineering, biology, electrochemistry, and materials science and involve collaborative work with other teams. The candidate will be expected to work independently, publish scholarly papers and attend international conferences, and take on a mentorship role for undergraduate students.
- The following characters will be expected from the successful candidate: Self-motivation; Strong aptitude and demonstrated expertise in hands-on experimental research; Experience with biosensors, electrochemistry and bio-microsystem; Experience with electrochemical characterization techniques. Background in materials synthesis, electrochemical characterization, and biological microdevice integration will be desirable.
How To Apply
You will be required to attach the following:
- Passport-size photograph
- Teaching and Research Statement