6 days left
- Assist the Duty Managers in the efficient, effective and economic delivery of services and the utilisation of resources to fulfil the requirements of Cardiff Met.
- Under the direction of the Duty Manager ensure the sports facilities and associated areas, the sports programme and service delivery are of the highest standard during all hours.
- Ensure that the Centre is operated at all times in accordance with all current legislation and statutory requirements (in particular the Health & Safety at Work Act).
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- To work as part of the operational team of the sports facilities and associated areas in terms of lifeguarding, security, cleanliness and tidiness, safety of customers and emergency procedures.
- Assist under the supervision of the Duty Managers in the implementation of the sports programme ensuring the needs of students, staff and external users are met.
- Liaise with the Duty Managers to ensure the sports facilities and light/basic equipment are properly prepared and reinstated according to the programme of activities.
- Be responsible for spot cleaning of all sports facilities and associated areas as directed by the Duty Manager.
- Check membership cards and other entry cards and to challenge unauthorised entrance and prevent inappropriate or illegal use of the sports facilities and equipment.
- Keep regular checks on all light/basic equipment to ensure repairs and hygiene are maintained.
- Control access to the Centre and areas within by locking and unlocking as required.
- Ability to coach on the Junior Sports programme and assist other coaches as and when required.
- Under the supervision of the Duty Manager, complete daily checklists of facilities.
- Be responsible for specific sports/ancillary areas as agreed with the Duty Manager and to ensure they are kept clean, tidy and safe at all times.
- Attend monthly staff training
- Undertake other discrete areas of responsibility and/or specific projects as may be required and agreed, from time to time by the Duty Manager or Operations Manager.
Ideal opportunity for anyone wishing to gain experience and knowledge with a view develop a career in Facilities & Sport Management
Shifts include working evenings and weekends.
These guidelines are provided to assist you in the performance of your contract. The university is a dynamic organisation; therefore changes may be required from time to time. Any changes will be made in consultation with the post-holder. The Summary of Duties and Responsibilities is not intended to be an exhaustive list of tasks performed. Other associated technical tasks are likely to be performed as directed by the line manager.
It is accepted that individual staff will have a specialist skills and knowledge base in relation to the role they have been appointed to. In addition to this, Cardiff Metropolitan University expects that all staff will conduct themselves in a professional and courteous manner at all times and have particular regard for their responsibilities under Cardiff Metropolitan University’s Equalities, Financial, Environmental and Sustainability, Human Resources and Health and Safety policies and procedures