Sport Cardiff Coach
To deliver coaching in an efficient, effective and professional manner on Sport Cardiff community and school programmes.
To lead sports sessions ensuring that the service provided is operated at all times in accordance with the current legislation and statutory requirements, in particular, child protection and Health & Safety.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- To deliver sports coaching on Sport Cardiff programmes and related activities in various locations across Cardiff ensuring that sessions are safe, fun, and appropriately planned and delivered.
- To record attendance for each session delivered via Sport Cardiff’s online registration system.
- To keep up to date with relevant governing body initiatives and coaching practice, showing a commitment to professional development.
- To be aware of and to act in accordance with current legislation in terms of Child Protection and Health & Safety.
- To provide the highest standard of customer care and service delivery at all times and to act in a professional manner with participants, parents, staff, and partner organisations.
- To ensure that all activities have suitable equipment that is in good condition and to ensure that the equipment is appropriately issued, maintained and returned to storage after the activity
- To attend staff training and staff meetings when required.
- To wear suitable uniform that will be issued by Sport Cardiff.
- A commitment to undertake further qualifications as and when required.
Coaches must confirm attendance at sessions via Sport Cardiff’s online system and submit invoices through this system on a weekly basis.
Working hours will be determined by the Sports Development Coordinators.
A commitment to deliver all coaching sessions that have been allocated
These guidelines are provided to assist you in the performance of your contract. The university is a dynamic organisation; therefore changes may be required from time to time. Any changes will be made in consultation with the post-holder. The Summary of Duties and Responsibilities is not intended to be an exhaustive list of tasks performed. Other associated technical tasks are likely to be performed as directed by the line manager.
It is accepted that individual staff will have a specialist skills and knowledge base in relation to the role they have been appointed to. In addition to this, Cardiff Metropolitan University expects that all staff will conduct themselves in a professional and courteous manner at all times and have particular regard for their responsibilities under Cardiff Metropolitan University’s Equalities, Financial, Environmental and Sustainability, Human Resources and Health and Safety policies and procedures.