Imaging Facility Director, Human Imaging Research Facility
- Exciting opportunity to lead the establishment of a new research imaging facility
- Focus on cancer research and brain/neurosciences, with a strong clinical research component
- 5 year fixed term contract, located in the UNSW/Randwick medical precinct
The Human Imaging Research Facility is a new strategic initiative being developed by UNSW in collaboration with South East Sydney Local Health District/Prince of Wales Hospital (POWH) and Neuroscience Research Australia (NeuRA). The Facility will initially comprise two 3T MRI systems, a Magnetom Vida at POWH and a Magnetom Prisma at NeuRA, in purpose-designed, newly refurbished space and will support both current research and future research directions under the UNSW 2025 Strategy.
The synergy between leading academic, research and health care institutions, including the Sydney Children’s Hospital and the Royal Hospital for Women, will provide researchers with state-of-the-art imaging capabilities for world-class basic, translational and clinical research in an integrated clinical setting. There will be a particular research focus on brain sciences and cancer. It is envisioned that the Facility will grow to accommodate the future research needs of the three partners and their strategic alliances, as well as the Randwick Campus Redevelopment.
Reporting to the Pro-Vice-Chancellor (Research Infrastructure) and working closely with both partners, you will play a key role in developing and implementing the operational plan for the new facility and directing and managing the day-to-day research activities. Additionally, developing strategic and strong working relationships with other imaging facilities locally, nationally and internationally will be essential. There is the opportunity for the Facility Director to hold an academic appointment associated with a relevant School and Faculty, and to engage in collaborative and independent MRI-related research, if desired.
Overall responsibility includes: -
- Facility Direction and Operation
- Research Strategy and Support
- Management and Administration
About the Successful Applicant
You have a relevant post-graduate qualification with research experience in human MR imaging and spectroscopy and can demonstrate your success managing a shared infrastructure clinical or research facility including:
- Fostering a culture of research excellence and support
- Planning, budgeting and financial responsibilities
- Demonstrated ability to supervise, lead and motivate staff working in a multidisciplinary team environment
- Working across organisation boundaries to create a collaborative environment, bringing together stakeholders from various organisations and disciplines to deliver successful outcomes
- Preparation of successful applications to national and international competitive funding schemes
- For academic appointment: a track record of excellence in research and research publication in an MRI-related field at a level commensurate with the appointment
If contributing to the leadership of state-of-the-art imaging capabilities for world-class research in an integrated clinical setting is of interest to you, please submit your cover letter, CV and responses to selection criteria nominated in the position description.
Talent Acquisition Consultant
t: +61 2 9385 2401
Applications close 11 pm AEST, 29th July 2018