Career Advisor, School of Law, Office of Professional Development
Boston University School of Law’s Office of Professional Development, located within the Office of Graduate & International Programs, advises BU Law LL.M. students on all areas of career and professional development. The Professional Development Office seeks a temporary, part-time Career Advisor to support the Associate Director for Professional Development. The Career Advisor will work with BU’s foreign-trained LL.M. students in three of BU Law’s graduate law programs: American Law, Banking and Financial Law and Intellectual Property Law. This is a six-month, thirty hours per week contract position to start in late August or early September 2018. The compensation is $30/hour.
Job responsibilities include:
- Meeting with LL.M. students and alumni on a one-on-one basis to review resumes, cover letters, and application materials; provide advice on requirements for the bar, especially New York, California and Massachusetts; conduct mock interviews; and discuss internal and external job search resources and how to search for law-related jobs
- Organizing and preparing career-related materials
- Organizing, advertising and helping to run career-related events and programs
- Entering student and alumni data into various databases and keeping track of student and alumni interview and job placement information
- Researching job and internship opportunities for current LL.M. students and alumni and posting job listings on our online job databases
The preferred candidate will have:
- A J.D. degree
- Practice experience
- An interest in or ability to succeed at career advising
- Knowledge of legal careers, legal job resources and the job market
- Experience in working with international lawyers/students
- Demonstrated organizational and oral and written communication skills
To apply, please email a cover letter and resume to the Associate Director of Professional Development at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please make “Career Advisor Application” the subject line of your email.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Boston , Massachusetts, United States