Professor - Energy Systems Integration (Decarbonisation)
Opportunities for research leaders with grand ambitions
Teesside University has a bold vision to help transform lives and economies. Underpinning this vision is a commitment to excellence in practical and impact-focussed research aligned to five interdisciplinary Grand Challenge themes: Health and Wellbeing; Resilient and Secure Societies; the Digital and Creative Economy; Sustainable Environments and Learning for the 21st Century.
We are seeking to appoint 12 new research leaders with talent, energy and extensive experience around whom we will grow our teams over the next two academic years and establish the research areas that will make us distinctive.
Those areas include:
- Energy systems integration (especially in the field of energy informatics)
- Management and prevention of long-term health conditions (covering health behaviour change, patient experience, smart/e-health and health informatics)
- Modern crime, harm prevention and security (with expertise in cyber - and online crime, and the use of biometric/personal data)
- Applications of systems biology (with expertise in bioinformatics or bio-analytical sciences, to be based at our new National Horizons Centre in Darlington)
- Psychology (covering health and well-being, ageing, social mobility and economic resilience)
- Applied computer and data sciences (with expertise in digital technologies, Ai and/or informatics, especially in digital healthcare, energy informatics, cybersecurity, biometrics or omics)
For an informal discussion please contact Professor Simon Hodgson, Pro Vice-Chancellor (Research and Innovation) on 01642 342008.
For further information about the roles, and how to apply, please visit http://www.tees.ac.uk/researchjobs/