Digital Communications Officer
3 days left
- Full Time
Ollscoil Mhá Nuad
Maynooth University (National University of Ireland, Maynooth) is the fastest growing university in Ireland with over 10,000 students and outstanding research and scholarship in the sciences, humanities and social sciences. The university is now entering a new and exciting phase of its development, with a new strategic plan centred on further enhancing our academic programmes, providing a distinctive student experience of the highest quality, focusing our research activities on a small number of priority themes, and further internationalising the university. To support this development, the university is seeking to recruit outstanding academics, with a strong track record of research and teaching, to the following position:
Digital Communications Officer
Reporting to the Director of Marketing & Communications, the purpose of this role is to enhance the reputation of Maynooth University through the University’s website, social media and other digital channels.
Administrative and other duties:
• Enhance the reputation of the University by ensuring that a regular flow of relevant research and teaching news and information is presented through our digital channels
• Advising on the strategic direction of digital marketing and digital communications activities of the university, bringing knowledge of industry trends and practices to inform the strategy, and executing both strategic and operational activities
• Management of the University’s social media channels (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram etc.); enhancing coordination of social media feeds across the University departments; and providing training to staff on social media across the University
• Coordination and analysis of the University’s digital marketing activity across different units of the University, including Admissions and Graduate Studies (banner advertising, PPC, Ad word spend etc.).
• Reporting & analysis of web traffic and social media activity, identifying corrective action where appropriate; creating informative reports on data analytics that interpret effectiveness of various types of digital campaigns
• Development of content for the University’s digital presence, working with colleagues to create and collect a wide range of content appropriate for our digital channels, including images, video, audio and text on topics ranging from course details, research projects, awards and announcements, events and much more. Ensure content is up to date and managed in line with the expectations of a higher education environment.
• Through line responsibility of the Webmaster, manage and drive innovation of the Maynooth University website, optimising the user experience and using the website as an effective tool to enhance the University’s reputation.
• Ensure the University’s relevant data privacy policies are being upheld within the department; update and hone departmental practices for data integrity and protection as needed
For further details including full comprehensive job description please see the Maynooth University vacancies page at: https://www.maynoothuniversity.ie/human-resources/vacancies