Postdoctoral Fellow in Electrical/Electronic Engineering
4 days left
- Full Time
Research and graduate studies
The newly-established Khalifa University of Science and Technology combines The Masdar Institute of Science and Technology, Khalifa University of Science, Technology and Research and The Petroleum Institute into one world-class, research-intensive institution, seamlessly integrating research and education to produce world leaders and critical thinkers in applied science and engineering. Khalifa University of Science and Technology endeavors to be a leader among research intensive universities of the 21st century, while catalyzing the growth of Abu Dhabi and the UAE’s rapidly developing knowledge economy.
- To provide high quality research support and undertake internationally competitive research aimed at publication thereby contributing to the academic and research mission of the University.
- Since the Postdoctoral experience is transitional to becoming an independent researcher or faculty member, the Postdoctoral tries their best to acquire the varied skills necessary to advance their career with guidance from the advisor. These skills include, but are not limited to, the ability to present research plans and findings in a convincing style, both in oral and written modes of communication, the ability to understand research group management and supervision of others, the ability to establish contacts and network with colleagues pursuing a similar research agenda, the ability to organize and teach a class or a course if more inclined towards a teaching career.
- The Postdoctoral Research Fellow will assist in setting up and testing new equipment, developing technical approaches for device fabrication and testing. He/She is expected to conduct high quality research, and collecting and analyzing data. He/She will draft papers to be submitted to high impact scientific journals.
- The Postdoctoral Fellow will work with a researcher team, from electrical engineering and applied science, dedicated for fabricating novel semiconductor based nano-devices. The project investigates new structures of nano devices at sub-20 nm scale using metal or semiconductor nanoparticles. The project involves the fabrication and characterization of such nano-devices, which requires good skills in using nanofabrication facility. The project will also involve a UHV nano-probe system for fabricating special nano-probes to be used for nanoparticles characterization. The candidate should have experience with handling nanoparticles, mask design, ALD, PECVD deposition, and lithography. Electrical and material characterization will be carried out using AFM, SEM, TEM and Raman spectroscopy instruments. In addition, device testing for transistors and memory cells will be performed.
- The Postdoctoral Fellow would assist in mentoring and training graduate and senior undergraduate students in their research.
- PhD in Electrical or Electronic Engineering, Materials Engineering or Applied Science
- Solid background in physics of semiconductor device.
- Good experience in Ultra High Vacuum (UHV) Systems.
- Good experience in scanning probe microscopes (AFM and/or STM).
- Extensive experience in micro and nanofabrication facility and cleanroom.
- Good experience in handling nanoparticles, and ALD, CVD or PVD deposition methods.
- Good experience in testing MOS devices.
- Ability to design a MASK for fabrication.
- Experience in data acquisition and computer interfaced systems, like LabVIEW.
- Experience with SEM and TEM is desired.
- Computer programing, Matlab or equivalent.
- Some background with finite element simulation tools, like COMOSL.
- Good English and communication skills.
How To Apply
Note: You will be required to attach the following:
- Passport-size photograph
- Teaching and Research Statement