Research Associate in Biology
The newly-established Khalifa University of Science and Technology combines The Masdar Institute of Science and Technology, Khalifa University of Science, Technology and Research and The Petroleum Institute into one world-class, research-intensive institution, seamlessly integrating research and education to produce world leaders and critical thinkers in applied science and engineering. Khalifa University of Science and Technology endeavors to be a leader among research intensive universities of the 21st century, while catalyzing the growth of Abu Dhabi and the UAE’s rapidly developing knowledge economy.
- To provide high quality research support and undertake internationally competitive research aimed at publication thereby contributing to the academic and research mission of the University.
- Ability to present research plans and findings in a convincing style, both in oral and written modes of communication.
- The research associate will be responsible for field sampling, maintaining laboratory inventory, independently executing experiments and assisting graduate students with their experiments.
- M.Sc. in Biology, Cell Biology, Plant Science or related life science discipline
- Comfortable being out in the field (desert or similar environment) to carry out sampling expeditions
- Experience using biochemical methods and analytical instruments to process biological samples
- Highly desirable: Experience working with both plant and soil samples
- Highly desirable: Research experience in the biological activity of natural products
How To Apply
Note: You will be required to attach the following:
- Passport-size photograph
- Teaching and Research Statement