Postdoctoral Fellow in Aerospace Engineering
1 day left
- Full Time
The newly-established Khalifa University of Science and Technology combines The Masdar Institute of Science and Technology, Khalifa University of Science, Technology and Research and The Petroleum Institute into one world-class, research-intensive institution, seamlessly integrating research and education to produce world leaders and critical thinkers in applied science and engineering. Khalifa University of Science and Technology endeavors to be a leader among research intensive universities of the 21st century, while catalyzing the growth of Abu Dhabi and the UAE’s rapidly developing knowledge economy.
- To provide high quality research support and undertake internationally competitive research aimed at publication thereby contributing to the academic and research mission of the University.
- Since the Postdoctoral experience is transitional to becoming an independent researcher or faculty member, the Postdoctoral tries their best to acquire the varied skills necessary to advance their career with guidance from the advisor. These skills include, but are not limited to, the ability to present research plans and findings in a convincing style, both in oral and written modes of communication, the ability to understand research group management and supervision of others, the ability to establish contacts and network with colleagues pursuing a similar research agenda, the ability to organize and teach a class or a course if more inclined towards a teaching career.
- Conduct the specified program of research as defined by the approved project proposal, under the supervision and direction of the Principal investigator.
- Work in a collegial and cooperative manner with the Principal Investigator and other co-workers in the project, the research team and the funding agency.
- Engage in the dissemination of the results of the research, as directed by and with the support of and under the supervision of the Principal Investigator.
- Support the Principal Investigator and research group in the design and development of the research program for the assigned project and related areas.
- Carry out administrative and management work associated with the program of research and the project.
- Engage in appropriate training and professional development opportunities as required by the Faculty supervisor, the Department or the University.
- Support, if required, the development of proposals for research funding.
- Engage in the wider research and scholarly activities of the research group, department and university.
- Generate new ideas, links, and builds upon existing ideas to propose unique concepts and solutions.
- In addition to the research program to be developed, the candidate will supervise the work of some graduate students (MSc and PhD) working in the research group and the project.
- He/she will also provide training to new comers in computational modeling tools, experimental equipment and applications.
- PhD in Aerospace Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or related areas.
- Proven expertise in the area of multiscale modeling of materials, viscoelasticity of materials, composite manufacturing, micro CT based modeling, finite element analysis and/or computational fluid dynamics.
- Records of knowledge in the field of experimental mechanics, statistical analysis, materials science, composites, fluid mechanics and solid mechanics.
- Fresh PhD or prior postdoctoral research experience is preferred.
- Wide expertise in the use of different polymer processing and composite manufacturing techniques.
- Wide expertise in the use of different material synthesis and characterization techniques related to materials and polymer composites.
- Wide expertise in the use of different computational modeling software related to finite element analysis (ABAQUS etc.) and computational fluid dynamics (ANSYS FLUENT etc.).
- Working knowledge of micro CT based model generation and knowledge of relevant analysis tools.
- Experience with generic computational tools, such as, MATLAB, or similar.
- Proven ability to identify and ability to formulate research problems, and fulfill the academic writing requirements for publications.
- Proven high level of personal responsibility, initiative, and ability to work in a project team.
- Experience on applied research oriented projects.
- Demonstrated understanding of operational requirements for a successful research project and managing resources.
- The ability to guide Master and PhD students in relevant topics
- Excellent inter-personal communication skills.
- Excellent English skills, spoken and written, are required
How To Apply
Note: You will be required to attach the following:
- Passport-size photograph
- Teaching and Research Statement