Are you a proactive, collaborative, multi-tasking and flexible technician? Are you attracted by working in a technical environment with complex and large-scale installations? This is a unique opportunity to support maintenance activities. CERN, take part!
You will join:
- The Engineering Department (EN) that provides engineering competencies, infrastructure systems and technical coordination for the world's largest particle accelerator complex and its experimental facilities.
- The Cooling and Ventilation Group (EN-CV), responsible for designing, constructing, maintaining, and operating cooling, ventilation and air conditioning systems and large scale fluid distribution systems for the whole Laboratory, particularly in the underground areas of the accelerators and experiments.
- The Injector Section (INJ) in charge of the operation, maintenance and installation activities on the cooling and ventilation plants under the responsibility of the CV Group in the injectors complex.
You will benefit from:
- The opportunity to broaden your knowledge and experience in maintenance management, database and in cooling and ventilation industrial plants and work in a working environment where excellence is the key driving factor.
- Specific training and support for professional development to foster your skills and develop your talents.
As a Refrigeration Technician in the CV Group, you will participate in installation projects as well as operation and maintenance activities of the existing CV plants. You will be expected to follow activities of varying degrees of complexity through to completion, reporting to a responsible engineer and interacting with various Groups and services. Your expertise in refrigeration systems and equipment will allow you to provide high-level support to the other members of the Group in different domains (design, troubleshooting, operation). Similarly, you will receive support from project engineers and various other technicians who are all experts in their own fields, where needed.
- Follow up operation and maintenance activities on refrigerating equipment and optimize performance;
- Provide support on refrigeration issues to other members of the Group;
- Monitor and operate Cooling and Ventilation installations (cooling plants, air-conditioning systems, water pumping stations, units and networks), perform problem analysis and optimize performance with respect to operational needs;
- Follow-up on and coordinate construction work on cooling and ventilation installations (water pumping, compressed air, chilled water production, and ventilation systems) to ensure they comply with safety rules, technical standards, and contractual documents and are within the established schedule and budget;
- Propose priorities, plan and validate from the technical point of view repair or maintenance interventions to be performed on equipment under your responsibility;
- Perform overall analysis of data and information (via CMMS software or by inspections on site) in order to define the maintenance and operation plan;
- Monitor and follow up external contractors' activities to ensure compliance with contractual agreements and good practice on technical standards;
- Propose adequate technical solutions to users' requests, take responsibility for all consequent actions to perform works;
- Ensure conformity of the CMMS recordings with the work performed in situ;
- Take part in stand by service; perform rounds on site.