Lecturer in Design Innovation
Maynooth University (National University of Ireland, Maynooth) is the fastest growing university in Ireland with over 10,000 students and outstanding research and scholarship in the sciences, humanities and social sciences. The university is now entering a new and exciting phase of its development, with a new strategic plan centred on further enhancing our academic programmes, providing a distinctive student experience of the highest quality, focusing our research activities on a small number of priority themes, and further internationalising the university. To support this development, the university is seeking to recruit outstanding academics, with a strong track record of research and teaching, to the following position:
Department of Design Innovation
Maynooth University is committed to a strategy in which the primary University goals of excellent research and scholarship and outstanding education are interlinked and equally valued.
Adapting to increasingly digital environments and taking advantage of digital technologies to improve operations and drive new customer/stakeholder value are important goals for nearly every contemporary organisation. We are now seeking an excellent academic to join our staff as a Lecturer in Design-led innovation (with specialisation in design research, service and digital design: Human Computer Interaction and/or UX & XD). The person appointed will have a proven record of teaching, research and publication, appropriate to career stage. He/she will be expected to make a strong contribution to the teaching programme of the Department and undertake teaching duties on the University’s undergraduate and postgraduate programmes as well as the supervision of Master’s and PhD students. The successful candidate should demonstrate:
- A track record of publishing in ranked journals on the topics of Service design, User-Experience, Experience-Design and/or Human Computer Interaction.
- Experience in XD that commands respect in the academic and, ideally the corporate arena too.
- A demonstrated capacity to work in teams; on committees alongside colleagues and students on initiatives directed at citizenship.
- A commitment to lecturing and innovative pedagogy in undergraduate, postgraduate and executive education settings.
- A thorough understanding of the digital economy and the importance of design as a differentiator for organisations.
- The capacity to contribute to doctoral supervision in the Department
The appointee will be expected to build a strong research profile, that supports the University’s research strategy including affiliating to the Research Institutes, where appropriate and working with colleagues on national and international research. The appointee will be expected to sustain and conduct research, engage in scholarship of quality and substance and generate publications of international standard.
For further details including full comprehensive job description please see the Maynooth University vacancies page at: https://www.maynoothuniversity.ie/human-resources/vacancies