UNSW Scientia Fellowship, Education and Equity, Early Childhood Education
- One of Australia's leading research & teaching universities
- Vibrant campus life with a strong sense of community & inclusion
- Enjoy a career that makes a difference by collaborating & learning from the best
Be part of the UNSW team
At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work.
UNSW is already at the cutting edge of academia with a strong and growing international reputation. As a global leader in discovery, innovation, impact, education and thought leadership, UNSW is making an enormous difference to the lives of people in Australia and around the world. The announcement of our largest-ever academic recruitment initiative is a key step in expanding our existing world-leading research capabilities.
Diversity & Inclusion at UNSW
Our aspiration is to be recognised as an international exemplar in equity, diversity and inclusion and an employer of choice for people from diverse backgrounds. We aim to achieve this by embracing the diversity and cultural richness of our communities; ensuring that our staff and students can achieve their full potential in a supportive and inclusive work environment. Our diversity commitment aligns to our strong sense of social responsibility and our belief that a diverse workforce enhances our ability to deliver world class research, teaching excellence and thought leadership.
About the Scientia Fellowship role
Appointment level will be negotiable at academic levels A, B, C or D prior to appointment
The UNSW Scientia Fellowship Program is one of the cornerstones of UNSW's 2025 Strategy. The project's aim is to attract and retain the best and brightest people, with outstanding research track records, to UNSW.
Appointments are made on a Convertible Tenure Track contract. The initial engagement is for 4 years fixed term with the possibility to convert to continuing tenure. The program also allows flexibility to take research breaks to do other study, take an industry engagement or follow other interests. We are also open to part time appointments.
About the successful Scientia Fellow
To be successful in this role you will:
- be a researcher performing at the highest level of the equivalent academic level in the relevant discipline (relative to opportunity) – Levels A-D
- undertake significant, innovative research which is aligned with the research areas identified for the 2018 round
- be aligned with the strategic goals of UNSW's 2025 Strategy
Completing the application
- You must hold a doctoral degree at the time of application
- A separate attachment addressing selection criteria is not required.
- Please apply online - applications will not be accepted via other methods.
- The online application form allows you to preview all the questions and save your application as a draft.
- Please prepare a statement outlining how your research aligns with UNSW's 2025 Strategy in the areas of academic excellence, global impact and/or social engagement (10,000 character limit): (https://www.2025.unsw.edu.au/sites/default/files/uploads/unsw_2025strategy_201015.pdf)
- UNSW is focussed on attracting Researchers at the highest level of performance. Please prepare a statement indicating how you believe you meet this criterion. Prepare your statement according to the Australian Research Council's Research Opportunity and Performance Evidence guidelines(10,000 character limit): (http://www.arc.gov.au/arc-research-opportunity-and-performance-evidence-rope-statement)
- Make a research proposal (10,000 character limit)
- Please identify three potential mentors/collaborators at UNSW (and their Faculty and area of research focus) in one or more of your nominated areas of research focus. If your research involves two or more Faculties your application will be considered under the UNSW’s Interdisciplinary Research strategic priority. It is not a requirement to contact the potential mentors/collaborators prior to submitting the application.
- Ensure you have looked up your Scopus H index and FWCI (field weighted citation index)
- You will be required to nominate at least 3 academic referees. We will not contact your referees without consulting with you first.
- You will need to comply with our declaration requirements around research misconduct, funding suspensions or limitations, etc
For general information about the scheme, including guidelines and FAQs please visit:https://www.2025.unsw.edu.au/apply/unsw-scientia-fellowship-faqs
For any general enquiries about the scheme not covered by the guidelines and FAQs please contact:firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close Sunday 22nd July at 11.55pm (Australian Eastern Standard Time)