Director, Internal Audit
The University is looking for qualified and experienced individual for the below stated position;
The position is based at BIUST Campus, Palapye and is offered on a five (5) year fixed term contract.
DIRECTOR, INTERNAL AUDIT
REF: DIA: 18/01
Main Purpose of the Job
To manage, plan, organize, and coordinate the development and implementation of internal audit policies, strategies, procedures and programs in accordance with best practice and Internal Audit International Standards and Ethics together with other conventions which will assist BIUST to accomplish its objectives by bringing a systematic, disciplined approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of risk management, control, and governance processes.
- Master’s Degree in Internal Auditing and Management or equivalent, and/or Professional Qualification such as CIA, MIIA, ACCA, CIMA.
- Membership of an internationally recognized professional body like the Institute of Internal Auditors or Accountancy Institutes.
At least 8 years of experience in Internal Audit environment preferably in a major institution in the Financial Sector or in an Academic Institution of which five (5) years was at a Director level.
The position requires the following Competencies/Skills:
- Technical Expertise
- Strategic Thinking
- External Environment Orientation
- Critical Thinking and Analytical skills
- Communication, Influence and Impact
- Assertiveness and decisiveness
- Team Leadership
- Result Focused and Commitment
- Development and Empowerment of others
The University offers an attractive package, commensurate with qualification and experience.
If you meet the requirements of the above stated position, please send your application letter and detailed Curriculum Vitae including at least two (2) recent professional referees to;
Director, Human Resources at the email address below.
For any further enquiries, you may call Mr. Abram and Ms. Kesamang @
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be responded to.
The position will remain open until filled