Senior Manager, Education Services
University of Sydney Business School
- Lead the management of education and teaching support activity for the Faculty
- Provide strategic advice and management support to Faculty General Manager
- Full-time continuing role, Senior General Staff (SGS) 1
About the opportunity
As the Senior Manager Education Services you will be responsible for supporting the University’s strategic goal of delivering a distinctive Sydney education. Within the Faculty, you will lead the professional staff within the education, student and teaching support functions. You will also lead and support the achievement of the University and Faculty strategic goals relating to education and teaching support and the provision by the Faculty of a transformational education experience. The Senior Manager Education Services is a member of the Faculty General Manager’s leadership team, who together lead and manage the professional staff functions across the Faculty.
This includes providing:
- operational management, expert advice, high level guidance and input in the development and implementation of strategy, policy and planning for the delivery of education support services for all undergraduate and postgraduate programs of coursework study, ensuring alignment to the Faculty’s teaching objectives
- strategic advice and management support to the Faculty General Manager and members of the Dean’s Executive Committee on a broad range of education, learning and teaching support issues, reviews and other business as usual functions including workforce and operational resources and usage related administration and support student load, enrolment planning and curriculum matters
- effective general management of operational and administrative systems, processes and programs and implementing governance and key compliance requirements for the School in alignment with University policies and practices
- support to the Faculty’s education administration in the integration of services, reviews of entities and other business as usual functions e.g. curriculum support and educational design.
The University values courage and creativity; openness and engagement; inclusion and diversity; and respect and integrity. As such, we see the importance in recruiting talent aligned to these values in the pursuit of research excellence. We are looking for a Senior Manager Education Services who possesses:
- postgraduate qualifications with extensive relevant experience in business administration or a related field, or an equivalent combination of relevant training and experience
- excellent interpersonal, communication and conflict resolution skills
- high level independence and team work skills
- proven management experience at a senior level including flexibility and adaptability
- excellent time and workload management skills to deliver outcomes and achieve results
- demonstrated experience in the supervision, training, mentoring and performance management of staff and experience managing and resolving a diverse range of HR issues
- financial management experience and literacy, experience managing budgets and controlling income and expenditure
- experience delivering education programmes, preferably in a tertiary education environment
- strong business acumen and strategic thinking skills together with effective leadership and people management skills.
The Business School is a diverse and interesting workplace with a keen focus on building relationships with the business community and influencing the way they operate. You’d join a large group of committed and professional people in an intellectually stimulating and positive environment.
The University of Sydney Business School has a global reputation for excellence in dynamic, industry-connected teaching, learning and research. The Business School is large by international standards, with 458 (FTE) highly qualified staff and 8,967 (EFTSL) students from diverse backgrounds enrolled in a comprehensive suite of undergraduate, postgraduate coursework and postgraduate research programs including the MBA and the Global Executive MBA.
We’re Australia's first university and have an outstanding global reputation for academic and research excellence. Across our campuses, we employ more than 6,000 academic and non-academic staff who support over 60,000 students.
For enquiries about the position, please contact David Scoppa, Manager, People & Culture, on 02 8627 6047 or firstname.lastname@example.org
For information about the recruitment process, or if you require reasonable adjustment or support filling out this application, please contact Michelle Carlon, Recruitment Partner on 02 8627 0646 or email@example.com
Note: visa sponsorship is not available for this position
How to apply
For more information on the position and University, please view the candidate information pack available from the job’s listing on the University of Sydney careers website.
All applications must be submitted via the University of Sydney careers website. Visit sydney.edu.au/recruitment and search by the reference number 1081/0618C to apply.
Please note: visa sponsorship is not available for this position
Closing date: 11:30pm 3 July 2018 (Sydney time)
The University of Sydney is committed to diversity and social inclusion. Applications from people of culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds; equity target groups including women, people with disabilities, people who identify as LGBTIQ; and people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent, are encouraged.
© The University of Sydney
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.