Lecturer, Digital Supply Chain and Operations Analytics, ECDF
- Convenient CBD location
- Full-Time, Fixed-Term Position for 3 years
- $92,815 - $110,220
RMIT is a global university of technology, design and enterprise. Our mission is to help shape the world through research, innovation, teaching and engagement, and to create transformative experiences for our students, getting them ready for life and work.
The College of Business comprises six schools delivering a broad range of programs in Business, at Traineeship, Certificate, Diploma, Bachelor, Masters and PhD levels. Many programs articulate between TAFE and Higher Education, creating pathways for further study. RMIT Business programs are delivered in Melbourne, Vietnam, Singapore, Shanghai and Jakarta, as well as through Open Universities Australia (OUA) and RMIT Online.
The Role & Your Responsibilities
More specifically, the Lecturer - ECDF is responsible for carrying out teaching activities within undergraduate, Masters and Graduate Diploma programs and for maintaining and advancing their scholarly, research and/or professional capabilities.
You will also be expected to actively promote the program by establishing and maintaining memberships, links and partnerships with academic, industry and professional communities. Work collaboratively and collegially with fellow academics within the teaching team, and update colleagues and students on developments in their subject area or specialisation.
Skills & Experience Required
- Provide evidence of casual teaching for an Australian University within the past three years and have not been employed on a continuing basis at an Australian University.
- Demonstrated ability to prepare and deliver programs at undergraduate and post-graduate levels, including online delivery, and the ability to produce high quality curriculum or program materials.
- Demonstrated capacity to work effectively with and to negotiate sensitively with students especially on issues related to effective learning.
- Emerging track record and recognition for quality research outputs which will contribute to existing Discipline and School research areas evidenced by publications, development of new research initiatives, competitive research funding, and industry links.
- Demonstrated ability to supervise higher degree by research candidates.
- Ability to build effective networks with colleagues and generate alternative funding projects through effective liaison with industry and government.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills appropriate for interacting with higher degree by research candidates, staff and industry, together with a strong commitment to teamwork and multidisciplinary collaboration.
- PhD or equivalent research doctorate in a relevant field
For further information please contact Professor Caroline Chan, Head of School Business on +61 3 9925 5808.
Applications close on Tuesday 17th July 2018.
Applicants are requested to separately address the key selection criteria as outlined in the Position Description. This role will require satisfactory confirmation of a Working with Children Check.
RMIT is an equal opportunity employer committed to being a child safe organisation. We are dedicated to attracting, retaining and developing our people regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability and age. Applications are encouraged from all sectors of the community and we strongly encourage applications from the Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander community.