Academic Data Analyst
The Academic Data Analyst will be a key member of the University’s Academic Quality Team. You will be responsible for assisting the Dean of Academic Quality in the oversight of academic standards and quality within the University.
PRINCIPAL JOB ELEMENTS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- To support the processes that provide oversight and assurance of the University’s academic standards and quality and their enhancement;
- To collate, analyse and provide reports on academic management information including student applications, admission, retention, progression and achievement data for used by programme leaders and academic committees, and to collate data for submission to external bodies such as OfS, HESA, QAA.
- To ensure that the data held on the student records system meets the needs of the University and is appropriate for generating submissions to external bodies such as QAA, OfS, HESA, Graduate Outcomes, TEF, BSB, NMC and the SRA;
- To liaise with and advise relevant officers within the Schools, the Registry, the Management Information Team and other departments to ensure that academic performance management information reports are produced efficiently and to time;
- To act as a point of contact for questions and requests for advice and information about academic performance management information;
- To play a key role in the development of the data strategy relating to the capture, use and storage of student information;
- To set up new programmes on the programme database;
- To undertake such other duties as may be reasonably expected.
The post-holder will have the opportunity to develop expertise in two main areas (a) academic quality management including knowledge and application of the QAA’s UK Quality Code and (b) data systems management and quantitative and qualitative data collation, analysis and reporting skills. Both of these areas are central to the work of not just universities but any large institution. In addition the post-holder will develop further their skills of communication and presentation, particularly in relation to senior colleagues and external bodies.
Interviews will take place on Wednesday 11th July