Lecturer, Mining Engineering
The University is looking for qualified and experienced individuals for the below stated positions:
The position is based at BIUST Campus, Palapye.
FACULTY OF ENGINEERING AND TECHNOLOGY
DEPARTMENT OF MINING AND GEOLOGICAL ENGINEERING
1. Lecturers, Mining Engineering - REF: FET 18/16 x 2 positions
Main Purpose of the Jobs
- To teach and educate Undergraduate and Postgraduate students in an academic discipline and to build the knowledge base in a relevant field of the discipline through research and publication.
- To administer teaching activities within the discipline and provide leadership at the module or course level.
- To establish a national reputation in their discipline.
- To be active in professional service related to their discipline.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- A minimum of PhD in Mining Engineering.
- Teaching experience or cognate industrial experience, research, publications and creative works and engagement in projects or services at least on the profession or the community will be an added advantage.
The positions require the following competencies/skills:
1. Ability to prepare and submit proposals and applications to external bodies, e.g. for funding and accreditation purposes.
2. Computer proficiency
3. Good knowledge of the academic discipline environment
4. Involvement in professional activities where applicable
5. Knowledge of Research Methodology
6. Understanding of Higher Education environment
7. Strong communication skills - to disseminate conceptual and complex ideas to a wide variety of audiences using appropriate media and methods to promote understanding.
8. Ability to manage & analyse information
9. Ability to supervise research projects and graduate students
10. Ability to synthesise information to design learning experiences
The University offers an attractive package, commensurate with qualification and experience.
If you meet the requirements of the above stated position, please send your application letter quoting the reference number above and a detailed Curriculum Vitae including at least two (2) recent professional referees to:
Director, Human Resources at the email address below.
For any further enquiries, you may call Ms. Kgosiemang or Ms. Oleseng @ 4931308
POSITIONS ARE OPEN UNTIL FILLED