Full Professor, Electrical Engineering
The University is looking for qualified and experienced individuals for the below stated positions:
The position is based at BIUST Campus, Palapye.
FACULTY OF ENGINEERING AND TECHNOLOGY
DEPARTMENT OF ELECTRICAL, COMPUTER & TELECOMMUNICATIONS ENGINEERING
1. Full Professor, Electrical Engineering - REF: FET 18/11 x 2 positions
Main Purpose of the Job
- To teach and educate undergraduate and graduate students in an academic discipline and to build the knowledge base in a relevant field of the discipline through research and publication.
- To administer teaching and research activities within the discipline of environmental engineering.
- To give Leadership in the University, the Faculty and the Department, and developing the next generation of academics.
- To play leading role in improving the teaching and research infrastructure of the Department, Faculty and University.
- To establish a national reputation in their discipline. To be active in professional service related to their discipline.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- A PhD degree in relevant discipline
- Ten (10) years post-doctoral experience in either teaching/lecturing/research or industry experience in the relevant field or discipline, five of which must be in teaching at tertiary level.
- An excellent record of international publications with at least 30 publications in reputable refereed journals commensurate with appointment to the rank of Professor.
- Experience in the successful supervision of postgraduate students. Evidence of research grants awarded.
- Engagements in projects/services that benefit the following, the University, the Profession and the Community.
- Demonstrated and sustained excellent leadership in academic and professional fields.
- Experience of conducting administrative duties efficiently and effectively
- Experience in the development/revision of teaching curricula, programmes and qualifications
The positions require the following competencies/skills:
1. Ability to prepare and submit proposals and applications to external bodies, e.g. for funding and accreditation purposes.
2. In-depth understanding of own specialisation to enable the development of new knowledge, innovation and understanding within the field
3. Computer proficiency
4. Good knowledge of the academic discipline environment
5. Involvement in professional activities where applicable
6. Knowledge of Research Methodology
7. Understanding of Higher Education environment
8. Strong communication skills - to disseminate conceptual and complex ideas to a wide variety of audiences using appropriate media and methods to promote understanding.
9. Ability to manage & analyse information
10. Ability to supervise research projects and graduate students
11. Ability to synthesise information to design learning experiences
The University offers an attractive package, commensurate with qualification and experience.
If you meet the requirements of the above stated position, please send your application letter quoting the reference number above and a detailed Curriculum Vitae including at least two (2) recent professional referees to:
Director, Human Resources at the email address below.
For any further enquiries, you may call Ms. Kgosiemang or Ms. Oleseng @ 4931308
POSITIONS ARE OPEN UNTIL FILLED