Professor and Head of school, School of Management, UNSW Business School
- Provide operational leadership in the day to day running of the School
- Ongoing full-time role
- Academic Level E, a competitive salary will be offered
At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work.
UNSW is currently implementing a ten-year strategy to 2025 and our ambition for the next decade is nothing less than to establish UNSW as Australia’s global university. We aspire to this in the belief that a great university can make an enormous difference to the lives of people in Australia and around the world.
UNSW Business Schools key goals are to provide high quality, relevant education in each discipline; contribute internationally to recognised research; encourage excellence in the practice of the disciplines through actively participating in government, community and private sector debates and decision making and to foster and sustain the curiosity, creativity, lifelong learning and development of our staff and students.
The School of Management, UNSW Business School is one of the world’s top Management schools and provides leadership in Management thought and practice through excellence and relevance in teaching, research and community involvement. Our key goals are to provide high quality, relevant education in the Management discipline; contribute internationally to recognised research; encourage excellence in the practice of Management through actively participating in government, community and private sector debates and decision making and to foster and sustain the curiosity, creativity, lifelong learning and development of our staff and students.
Additional information is available at: https://www.business.unsw.edu.au/about/schools/Management
The Head of School role is the key integration point between the UNSW 2025 Strategy’s strategic priorities of academic excellence, social engagement and global impact and the delivery of those priorities through the work of our staff and students and engagement with key external stakeholders. Primarily this is achieved through integrated strategic planning, fostering an environment in which innovation and creativity can thrive, people centred leadership and sound management of resources.
Key responsibilities include:
- Develop a strategic vision for the School that is aligned to both the Faculty strategic plan and the UNSW 2025 Strategy and engage staff within the School to realise that vision
- Contribute to the formulation of the Faculty strategic plan and work with the senior deputy dean and senior colleagues to lead the strategic direction of the Faculty
- Ensure that outcomes and standards in research, education, knowledge exchange, partnerships in the School meet or exceed UNSW expectations
- Benchmark internally and externally and build collaborative relationships to stretch and expand opportunities for the School, Faculty and UNSW
- Continuously improve the student experience including through the design, development, delivery and assessment of high quality teaching programs including partnering with the AGSM
- Build the School’s external profile and reputation, including with potential future students and by forging partnerships with industry, government, alumni and other external parties
- Lead a culture and community in the School based around academic excellence and the UNSW Behaviours
- Ensure the School attracts, recruits, and retains staff and students of the highest quality and continuously builds the capability of staff through effective talent management strategies
- Pursue and support equity, diversity and inclusion objectives and policies
- Lead direct reports by setting clear expectations and goals, establishing KPIs, giving regular feedback on progress and facilitating effective career development conversations
- Ensure the School meets and manages its budget, student target numbers and enrolment plans
- Oversee compliance and quality assurance management consistent with requirements under the University’s Risk Management Framework, including Work Health and Safety.
Skills and Requirements include:
- A respected scholar in an appropriate discipline with a deep understanding of core academic values and priorities in a leading, research intensive international university
- A breadth of academic vision and intellectual enthusiasm that encompasses the range of sub-disciplines within the School
- Capacity to articulate a strategic vision for the School and the ability to lead and manage change to achieve that vision
Applicants should systemically address the selection criteria found within the position description in their on-line application. If an application does not systematically address the selection criteria it may not be considered.
Talent Acquisition Lead
Applications close: xxxxxx