Lecturer in Social Work and Social Research and Policy
- One of Australia’s leading research & teaching universities
- Vibrant campus life with a strong sense of community & inclusion
- Enjoy a career that makes a difference by collaborating & learning from the best
At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work.
The School of Social Sciences is an exceptional community of scholars who are at the forefront of a wide range of social science and humanities disciplines.
About the role
- $103,047 plus 17% Superannuation and annual leave loading
- Continuing- Full time
- Full-time (35 hours per week)
A Level B academic is expected to make contributions to the teaching effort of the institution and to carry out activities to maintain and develop their scholarly, research and/or professional activities relevant to the profession or discipline.
Specific duties required of a Level B academic may include:
- The conduct of tutorials, practical classes, demonstrations, workshops, student field excursions, clinical sessions and studio sessions
- Initiation and development of subject or course material
- Acting as subject or course coordinators
- The preparation and delivery of lectures or seminars
- Supervision of the program of study of honours students or of postgraduate students engaged in course work
- Supervision of major honours or postgraduate research projects
- The conduct of research
- Involvement in professional activity
- Development of course material with appropriate advice from and support of more senior academics
- Marking and assessment
- Consultation with students
- A range of administrative functions the majority of which are connected with the subjects in which the academic teaches
- Attendance at departmental and/or faculty meetings and/or membership of a number of committees
- Cooperate with all health and safety policies and procedures of the university and take all reasonable care to ensure that your actions or omissions do not impact on the health and safety of yourself or others
You should systematically address the selection criteria listed within the position description (see below) in your application. Please apply online - applications will not be accepted if sent to the contact listed.
Steve Lalic Talent Acquisition Consultant
T: (61 2) 9385 3426
Applications close: 22nd July 11.00 pm