Lecturer in Data Analytics
Continuing Full Time
$98,059 - $116,369 (ALB) + 17% Superannuation
Curtin University is ranked in the top 200 universities worldwide (ARWU 2017), and in the top 1% in the world for universities under the age of 50 (QS World University Rankings 2017). In recent years, Curtin has climbed significantly in global league tables and in the 2016 Nature Index results, Curtin was named as a rising star, the most collaborative of the Australian universities, and the biggest Australian mover. Curtin is industry-facing, highly engaged with relevant partners, and a major global player, with well-integrated campuses in Singapore, Malaysia, and Dubai.
Your new team
The School of Economics, Finance and Property is one of the largest schools in the Faculty of Business and Law, in terms of both number of staff and number of students. We are currently building on our excellent foundation in econometrics and expanding our capability in data analytics to service the needs of the school in terms of both teaching and research.
Your new role
- Participate in the development of new courses on data analytics and econometrics at both the undergraduate and postgraduate level.
- Produce high quality research in data analytics and econometrics related areas.
- Participate in cross-faculties and cross-disciplines research and teaching initiatives
You will bring to the role
- Affinity to the applications of statistics and data analytics in diverse areas including, but not limited to, demography, finance, credit risk modelling, health economics, econometrics, information theory, and transportation research
What we offer you
- Work with diverse group of academics, including Curtin Institute of Computation, Department of Mathematics and Statistics and Department of Computer Science.
- Participate in research projects across different disciplines including, agriculture, sustainability, finance, health economics, sport economics and fintech
The salary ranges presented are those which are contained within the University's Enterprise Agreements; as are the employee benefits which include employer superannuation contribution at the rate of the current Government Superannuation Guarantee amount up to 17 percent, study assistance, a comprehensive salary packaging and wellness programs and flexible and family friendly work practices.
What we need from you
Curtin University does not require you to address the selection criteria, however your cover letter and CV should include sufficient information to allow us to assess your claims against the selection criteria.
Applications close: 5pm on Sunday, 15th July 2018.
Please note, screening and interviews may take place prior to the advertised close date.
Valuing Diversity and Affirmative Action
Curtin University embraces diversity and inclusion and invites applications from women, men and intersex individuals who share the University's values, ethics, international outlook, value diversity and have an informed respect for indigenous people. We are committed to making reasonable adjustments to provide a positive, barrier-free recruitment process and supportive workplace, therefore, if you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at time of application. We will then work with you to identify the best way to assist you through the recruitment process. All personal information will be kept confidential in compliance with relevant privacy legislation.
To apply complete the application form below, or for more information contact:
Associate Professor Felix Chan
Phone: 08 9266 7760
Curtin reserves the right at its sole discretion to withdraw from the recruitment process, not to make an appointment, or to appoint by invitation, at any time.
More searches like this
- Permanent Computer Science Lecturers / Assistant Professors jobs in Bentley
- Permanent Engineering & Technology Lecturers / Assistant Professors jobs in Bentley
- Permanent Mathematics & Statistics Lecturers / Assistant Professors jobs in Bentley
- Permanent Physical Sciences Lecturers / Assistant Professors jobs in Bentley
- Permanent Business & Economics Lecturers / Assistant Professors jobs in Bentley