Dean, People and Resources
College of Humanities, Arts and Social Sciences
Headquartered in Adelaide, Flinders University is charting a course to become an Australian top ten university, and amongst the top 1% in the world. The College of Humanities, Arts and Social Sciences has a long-standing history and outstanding reputation as a national and international leader in the creative arts, with activity encompassing teaching and research in history and archaeology, social sciences, language, literature and culture. We aim to help understand the world and to shape it for the better.
Recognising that exceptional people are the key to our success, we’re seeking an outstanding individual to join our new leadership team in the strategically important and highly influential position of Dean (People and Resources) in the College.
About the role
This exciting leadership position will drive innovation within the College to ensure that the research and educational objectives of the College are achieved. Reporting to the College Vice-President and Executive Dean, the successful candidate will be ambitious, a proven academic performer and skilled in the development and leadership of academic staff and resources.
Flinders’ bold vision, captured by our Strategic Plan Making a Difference — The 2025 Agenda, is to be internationally recognised as a world leader in research, an innovator in contemporary education, and the source of Australia’s most enterprising graduates.
The right person
If you are ambitious, visionary and want to make a difference we would like to hear from you
- The right person brings academic standing commensurate with a professorial appointment.
- Success in the role requires leadership abilities in translating strategic objectives into operational outcomes, particularly in the planning and allocation of resources to build opportunities for research, education, university engagement and impact, across multiple disciplines. These abilities may have been developed in a head of school or department or similar position, creating plans, building capability and culture for academic success and a student-focused environment.
- The new Dean People and Resources can be effective in a collegiate environment through developing and achieving shared goals and objectives, designing a future built on evidence and informed by vision and ambition.
Submitting an application
To obtain the candidate brochure, and for a confidential discussion, please contact the search firm assisting Flinders University, Dr Rosalind De Sailly on +61 414 574 945 or via email FlindersDeanPR@desailly.com.au
Applications must be lodged via FlindersDeanPR@desailly.com.au
Applications should consist of:
- A letter briefly describing why the position is of interest and what you believe you can bring to the role
- A statement concisely and systematically addressing each of required capabilities that are listed in the position description
- A full curriculum vitae detailing qualifications, full employment history and relevant achievements
- Names and contact details of at least three potential referees. These referees will not be contacted without the prior consent of the candidate.
Applications close: 27 July 2018 at 11:00am.
Prospective applicants are encouraged to have a confidential discussion early in the process.
Apply for Dean, People and Resources
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly