Business Intelligence Technology Specialist III, Information Systems and Technology Applications
The Business Intelligence Technology Specialist III leads the design, configuration, development, release management, and operational support of the BI analytics and reporting infrastructure at Boston University. This includes BI tool infrastructures (on-premises and in cloud), connectivity, data content design and management, and data/reporting modeling in support of the BI service and solutions that span a variety of systems and data sources. Typical responsibility roles can include Service Owner representative, Technical Lead, Developer and Release Engineer.
The ideal candidate profile would include:
- Strong knowledge of databases and datamart/data-warehouse design, data modeling, and data integration/alignment and ETL concepts along with a solid understanding of BI tool configuration and connectivity
- Strong working knowledge or experience with SQL (ANSI-SQL, PL-SQL, T-SQL) is required
- Specific knowledge or familiarity with as many of the following are desirable: Oracle, MySQL, AWS Aurora, SAP BW, MicroStrategy, Microsoft PowerBI, and an understanding of on-premises and cloud hosting concepts, database security and LDAP, etc. are desired.
- Solid analytical and problem-solving skills, strong presentation and collaboration skills, and the ability to communicate all aspects of the process with peers as well as end users is a critical capability of the role.
Required Skill Set:
- 8+ years of experience working with database, reporting, and business intelligence solutions
- Comfort and standards-compliance with sensitive personnel, student, faculty, and financial data such as grants, budgets and expenditures is essential.
* Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Fluent in relational database concepts and flat file processing concepts
- Must be knowledgeable in software development lifecycles/methodologies
- Must have strong presentation and collaboration skills and can communicate all aspects of the job requirements including the creation of formal documentation
- Strong problem solving, time management and organizational skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field or equivalent experience
Preferred Skill Set:
- Oracle, MySQL, AWS Aurora, SAP BW on HANA, MicroStrategy, Microsoft PowerBI.
Boston University is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Boston, Massachusetts, United States