Crane and Lift Technician
Do you have experience in the installation, maintenance and operation of cranes and/or lifts? Would you like to help manage the life cycle of all kinds of handling equipment in one of the biggest laboratories in the world? Then take part and work alongside engineers, scientists, and various technical teams at CERN! Take part!
You will join:
- The Engineering Department (EN) that provides engineering competences, infrastructure systems and technical coordination for the world's largest particle accelerator complex and its experimental facilities;
- The Handling Engineering Group (HE) in charge of providing transport and handling services for the technical infrastructure of CERN, accelerators and experiments. This includes the design, tendering/procurement, installation, commissioning, operation, maintenance and decommissioning of standard industrial and custom-built transport and handling equipment;
As a Crane and Lift Technician in the Handling Equipment Management Section, you will take part in the day-to-day management of 350 cranes, 900 hoists, 130 lifts and miscellaneous other handling equipment of which many are of strategic importance for the operation of CERN's accelerator complex and its experiments.
- Organize, coordinate and supervise maintenance interventions.
- Plan, schedule and supervise installation and repair work in collaboration with the services concerned.
- Ensure that the work performed complies with assembly drawings, priorities and deadlines.
- Keep the installation files up-to-date (technical files, equipment lists, etc).
- Provide technical input for design and specification purposes.
- Monitor handling equipment performance by using Computerized Maintenance Management Systems.
- Elaborate optimized maintenance and consolidation plans.
- Ensure compliance with safety rules for all activities described above.