Do you have experience in coordinating and executing replenishment of a large store? Do you have a keen sense of customer service and enjoy building relationships with colleagues and external collaborators? Join CERN and rise to the challenge of supplying the standardized items used in the accelerators and experiments of the world's largest particle physics laboratory. CERN, take part!
With over 15,000 different products, three dedicated warehouses of 4,000 m2 and over 95,000 sales order lines per year, replenishment is one of the main activities of the Stores section. More than 12,000 purchase order lines are processed per year for a total amount of nearly 20 million Swiss Francs!
The successful candidate will join the Site Management and Buildings (SMB) department, which is responsible for maintaining and renovating the Organization's structures and infrastructures, operating the technical services of the tertiary structures and infrastructures, providing general services and guaranteeing the security of people and property on the sites. More information is available here: https://smb-dep.web.cern.ch.
Within the SMB department, the Supply Chain (SC) group provides logistics (shipping, reception and distribution of goods and waste management) and stores services for all CERN departments and for the entire user community. More information is available here: https://smb-dep.web.cern.ch/en/Service/Logistic.
The Stores (SO) section is responsible for defining standard equipment (long-term needs and recurrent use), classifying it and publishing it in the internal web-based catalogue, as well as for managing supplies, orders and running the warehouses used for storage and order preparation.
As Coordinator of the replenishment team (currently 3.5 FTEs) in the Stores section, you will have the following functions:
- Organize, execute and follow tasks related to purchase order management:
- price enquiry following CERN procurement rules;
- order processing & confirmation;
- follow-up of the document and material flows.
- Create and manage the relationship with current and new suppliers:
- regular meetings to follow the pipeline;
- case management.
- Treat and manage CERN internal clients' demands:
- processing of recurrent and special demands;
- 2nd line support for any client request.
- Stock value monitoring:
- align expected level of service with stock value;
- regular financial reporting.
- Define and follow the replenishment parameters in the ERP (INFOR LN):
- configure a replenishment strategy per item family;
- define and follow reorder point calculations and safety stocks.
- Key user for the ERP supporting the service (INFOR LN):
- operational procedure implementation;
- user acceptance tests.
- Replenishment coordination:
- KPIs, objectives and activity reporting;
- working closely with other CERN services (standardization, procurement, internal logistics);
- labour coordination and task assignment in the team.