Nanofabrication Support Specialist
Nanofabrication Support Specialist
Mechanical Engineering and Microfabrication Support Section, Research Support Division
The Research Support Division (RSD) shall contribute to research and education by providing excellent common research facilities and research support services for the researchers and students at OIST. Technical sections of RSD shall provide maintenance of common equipment/facilities, operation training, fair access, consultation on experimental design and choice of methods/instruments, and technical support on data acquisition and analysis. Administrative sections of RSD shall provide support on grant applications, collaborations, health and safety and other support to research activities.
As one of the technical sections of RSD, the Mechanical Engineering and Microfabrication Support Section provides support for Mechanical Engineering, Nanofabrication and Characterization of experimental setups and samples.
The OIST Mechanical Engineering and Microfabrication Support Section is looking for an energetic, team-oriented individual to support nanofabrication within the university. The principle responsibilities of the Nanofabrication Support Specialist will be to develop and maintain multiple state-the-art nanofabrication facilities and equipment, and to train and assist OIST researchers in their operation.
1. Maintain the nanofabrication facilities and equipment within the university.
2. Assist the Section Leader in the development of nanofabrication capabilities and the facility within the university by planning future spaces, identifying needs from researchers and purchasing new equipment and etc.
3. Support OIST researchers in the operation of the nanofabrication facilities and equipment.
4. Support OIST researchers in the fabrication and characterization of experimental samples.
5. Create training programs and manuals on nanofabrication techniques, for the efficient training of OIST researchers.
6. Work with equipment vendors on maintenance, development and trouble-shooting issues.
7. Attend trade shows and conferences and compile information on the latest developments in nanofabrication technology.
In accordance with the OIST Employee Compensation Regulations
Annual salary: 4.5 million ~ 8.4 million yen (Job class: Research Support Specialist: RS2)
- Relocation, housing and commuting allowances
- Annual paid leave and summer holidays
- Health insurance (Private School Mutual Aid http://www.shigakukyosai.jp/en/index.html/), welfare pension insurance (kousei-nenkin), workers accident compensation insurance (roudousha-saigai-hoshou-hoken)
- Curriculum vitae in English (and Japanese if available)
- Cover letter in English (and Japanese if available)
* Please be sure to indicate where you first saw the job advertisement.
As early as possible.
Application Due Date:
July 31, 2018 (Applications will be screened upon arrival)
Please submit all required application materials by email to:
Or send documents via post mail to:
Recruiting Team, HR Management Section
Okinawa Institute of Science and Technology Graduate University
1919-1, Onna, Onna-son, Okinawa 904-0495, Japan
* OIST Graduate University is an equal opportunity, affirmative action educator and employer and is committed to increasing the diversity of its faculty, students and staff. The University strongly encourages women and minority candidates to apply.
* Information provided by applicants or references will be kept confidential, documents will not be returned. All applicants will be notified regarding the status of their applications.
* Further details about the Institute can be viewed on our website (www.oist.jp)