Research Assistant/Research Associate/Research Fellow in Genetics, Research Level ARA/ARAS/BRF
- Based in the Centre for Cancer Biology at the SA Pathology site, Frome Road, and/or the new Health and Innovation Building, North Terrace, Adelaide
- Full-time, multiple vacancies of 2-year and 1-year fixed term contracts
- Salary range: $67,769 - $114,967 per annum (plus super)
About the Job
The Centre for Cancer Biology (CCB) is an alliance between the University of South Australia and SA Pathology and boasts the largest concentration of fundamental cancer research in the state. The CCB studies the fundamental causes of cancer in order to find new ways to prevent and treat the disease.
The Molecular Pathology Research Laboratory, Department of Genetics and Molecular Pathology undertakes research encompassing screening for and identification of cancer predisposition genes especially for blood cancers (leukemias and lymphomas), identification of novel mutations in genes causing perinatal death, and functional studies to understand the pathobiology of the genetic changes.
The Lymphatic Development Laboratory undertakes research that aims to understand how the lymphatic vascular network is constructed during development. The Laboratory is interested in identifying and characterising genes that are important for regulating lymphatic vessel growth, maturation, function and understanding how these genes contribute to human lymphatic vascular diseases
As the Research Assistant/Research Associate, you will contribute to grant-funded research under the broad direction of the Head of the Laboratory to achieve defined objectives and test stated hypotheses.
As the Research Fellow, you will implement and conduct high quality scientific research and report on research outcomes in line with research goals and milestones of the Laboratory, facilitating collaboration and translation of research findings.
Skills and Experience
Research Assistant (level ARA)/Research Associate (level ARAS)
- To be eligible, you will have an Honours degree for level ARA or a post-graduate qualification for level ARAS in genetics and/or bioinformatics and/or statistics and/or cell and molecular biology and/or developmental biology and/or biochemistry and/or immunology related disciplines.
- You will also have competency in recording, analysing, presenting and disseminating research to stakeholders including the preparation of papers for high quality publications or posters for conference presentations - amongst other criteria as listed in the position description.
Research Fellow (level BRF)
- To be eligible, you will have a PhD in genetics and/or bioinformatics and/or statistics and/or cell and molecular biology and/or developmental biology and/or biochemistry and/or immunology related disciplines.
- You will also have experience, as judged by grants and publications, in relevant areas of research and a substantial knowledge of laboratory procedures relevant to the research project/s – amongst other criteria as listed in the position description.
To be successful in both the roles, you will have high level of interpersonal, communications and organisational skills along with knowledge of scientific terminology relevant to the research project and knowledge of animal ethics guidelines, biosafety requirements and reporting.
A University of Enterprise
The University of South Australia (UniSA) is an innovative, outward-looking institution known for its strong and engaged research and its experientially-based teaching and learning that is conducted in close collaboration with business, industry, government and the professions.
In recent years, we have maintained a strong upward trajectory across a number of key indicators and are ranked among the world’s top 50 young institutions. We are committed to international education activities and alumni, graduates who are equipped to meet the demands and expectations of the worldwide workforce, a culturally diverse staff and increasing student mobility.
Benefits on Offer
At UniSA, we seek to enrich people’s lives through the creation and application of knowledge. Our staff love to be a part of an organisational culture that promotes a strong commitment to educating professionals, sharing knowledge, and engaging with our communities.
We offer a competitive remuneration package and we have a family friendly approach to ensure you enjoy a healthy work/life balance.
Lodging your Application
For a copy of the position description and to apply, please visit https://workingatunisa.nga.net.au/. Applicants are required to upload a cover letter and resume only. Please address your cover letter for the role to Amruta Das, Recruitment Consultant. For further information about the position or the recruitment process, you can contact the UniSA Recruitment Central Team on +618 8302 1700 or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org using job reference number #1267.
Applications close: 9.00am Friday 13 July 2018
Note: appointment is subject to a satisfactory National Police Check (NPC) being obtained and maintained.
- Preview Application Form
In addition to your salary, the University will make employer superannuation contributions. The amount of superannuation you are entitled to will depend on the nature of your employment. You will also be entitled to annual leave loading, and other beneficial employment conditions. See more benefits of working for UniSA
How to apply:
Applications must be lodged online through Working at UniSA. If you experience any difficulty lodging your application visit FAQs. For further support contact Recruitment Central on +61 8 8302 1700 or email email@example.com and you will receive a response within one working day.
- If you have NOT registered with our e-recruitment system, you can begin your Application by clicking the 'Begin' button below.
- If you are unsure if you have registered before, click here and follow the steps
- FORGOTTEN YOUR LOGIN DETAILS? click here and follow the steps
More searches like this
- Fixed Term Biological Sciences Research Assistants / Officers jobs in Adelaide
- Fixed Term Mathematics & Statistics Research Assistants / Officers jobs in Adelaide
- Fixed Term Physical Sciences Research Assistants / Officers jobs in Adelaide
- Fixed Term Life sciences Research Assistants / Officers jobs in Adelaide
- Fixed Term Chemistry Research Assistants / Officers jobs in Adelaide