Lecturer, School of Humanities and Social Sciences, Academic Opportunity
UNSW Canberra is a campus of the University of New South Wales located at the Australian Defence Force Academy in Canberra. UNSW Canberra endeavours to offer staff a rewarding experience and offers many opportunities and attractive benefits, including:
- One of Australia’s leading research and teaching universities
- Australian bush land setting with FREE parking
- FREE Onsite GYM and Indoor Sports Centre
- Strong commitment to staff development and learning
- Strong commitment to work life and family balance
- Generous superannuation and salary packaging opportunities
At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work
School of Humanities and Social Sciences
Academic Level B - $103,047 – 121,478 + 17% Superannuation
3 Year Fixed Term Appointment
At the School of Humanities and Social Sciences, we shape the minds that shape Australia, the region and the international community. The School offers undergraduate and postgraduate degree programs in English and Media Studies, History, Indonesian studies, and International and Political studies. Our academic staff have strengths in defence-related research areas of focus including the ethics of new military technologies, climate security, the Responsibility to Protect (R2P), cyber security, maritime security in the Asia-Pacific, China’s military modernisation, data analysis of military operations, and Australian Defence Force History. We are dedicated to exploring complex issues with global impact, including issues directly relevant to Australia’s national security and international standing.
The University is currently seeking applications from up and coming academic leaders who wish to advance their career at a GO8 University in Australia.
The following discipline area is of interest in this recruitment process and suitably qualified applicants are encouraged to apply;
- Cyber Security
The successful applicant will be expected to engage in an active research program relevant to the teaching duties or discipline, and to contribute to the achievement of the research, teaching and service missions of the School.
To find out more about more about this rare and exciting opportunity, please contact:
Talent Acquisition Consultant – UNSW
Phone: +61 2 9385 3475
To apply for this role:
- Follow the link to the UNSW Careers Portal and sign in or register as a new user - https://www.unsw.adfa.edu.au/jobs/
- Attach a copy of your Resume.
- Complete the online research proposal application form.
*You are not required to provide a response to the selection criteria listed in the position description
An applicant may be required to undergo pre-employment checks prior to appointment to this role.
Applications close: 8th July 2018, 11:55 pm
Find out more about working at UNSW Canberra
Please disable "Pop-up Blockers" to view Position Description Document
UNSW is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity
More searches like this
- Fixed Term Computer Science Lecturers / Assistant Professors jobs in Canberra
- Fixed Term Education Lecturers / Assistant Professors jobs in Canberra
- Fixed Term Engineering & Technology Lecturers / Assistant Professors jobs in Canberra
- Fixed Term Social Sciences Lecturers / Assistant Professors jobs in Canberra
- Fixed Term Arts & Humanities Lecturers / Assistant Professors jobs in Canberra