Lecturer, School of Physical, Environmental and Mathematical Sciences, Academic Opportunity
UNSW Canberra is a campus of the University of New South Wales located at the Australian Defence Force Academy in Canberra. UNSW Canberra endeavours to offer staff a rewarding experience and offers many opportunities and attractive benefits, including:
- One of Australia’s leading research and teaching universities
- Australian bush land setting with FREE parking
- FREE Onsite GYM and Indoor Sports Centre
- Strong commitment to staff development and learning
- Strong commitment to work life and family balance
- Generous superannuation and salary packaging opportunities
At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work
School of Physical, Environmental & Mathematical Sciences
Academic Level B - $103,047 – 121,478 + 17% Superannuation
3 Year Fixed Term Appointments
The School of Physical, Environmental and Mathematical Sciences (PEMS) encompasses the disciplines of Chemistry, Geography, Mathematics, Statistics, Oceanography and Physics. The School comprises an internationally networked community with a history of leadership in research, innovation, teaching and learning.
The School has 25 academic staff, 15 research staff, and 10 professional staff. The School’s research strengths map into three interdisciplinary research ‘clusters’ of numerically-intensive Computational Science, human and physical Geographical Science, and experimental Physical Science. The School offers research degrees at Master and PhD level, and currently has enrolled 60 Higher Degree Research students. The School’s undergraduate teaching program consists of majors in Chemistry, Geography, Mathematics, Physics and Oceanography.
The University is seeking applications from up and coming academic leaders who wish to advance their career at a GO8 University in Australia.
The following discipline areas are of interest in this recruitment process and suitably qualified applicants are encouraged to apply;
- Applied & Industrial Mathematics
- Cultural Geography
Successful applicants will be expected to undertake a full complement of research and teaching activities within the School.
To find out more about more about any of the rare and exciting opportunities listed above, please contact:
Talent Acquisition Consultant –UNSW
Phone: +61 2 9385 3475
To apply for this role:
- Follow the link to the UNSW Careers Portal and sign in or register as a new user - https://www.unsw.adfa.edu.au/jobs/
- Attach a copy of your Resume.
- Complete the online research proposal application form.
*You are not required to provide a response to the selection criteria listed in the position description
An applicant may be required to undergo pre-employment checks prior to appointment to this role.
Applications close: 8th July 2018, 11:55 pm
Find out more about working at UNSW Canberra
Please disable "Pop-up Blockers" to view Position Description Document
UNSW is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity
More searches like this
- Fixed Term Mathematics & Statistics Lecturers / Assistant Professors jobs in Canberra
- Fixed Term Physical Sciences Lecturers / Assistant Professors jobs in Canberra
- Fixed Term Social Sciences Lecturers / Assistant Professors jobs in Canberra
- Fixed Term Geology, Environmental, Earth & Marine Sciences Lecturers / Assistant Professors jobs in Canberra
- Fixed Term Geography Lecturers / Assistant Professors jobs in Canberra