CRUK ICEP Research Associate/Senior Research Associate in Cancer Bioinformatics MRC Integrative Epid
We are seeking a talented postdoctoral scientist with experience in bioinformatics, biomedical data integration, data analysis and data mining. The successful candidate will join the world-leading CRUK-funded Integrative Cancer Epidemiology Programme (ICEP, bris.ac.uk/ieu/programmes/icep/) in the MRC Integrative Epidemiology Unit, working within a cross-cutting bioinformatics strand working on approaches to understanding disease mechanisms and predicting outcomes.
The postholder will have the opportunity to develop their own research ideas within the programme, contribute to teaching and postgraduate training and will be supported in their career progression.
You will have a strong applied computational and/or statistical background, with experience in Python, R and/or other programming languages and experience working with large biomedical/health datasets, ideally in the context of cancer. You may also have experience or understanding of machine learning methods.
You will be based within the MRC Integrative Epidemiology Unit (IEU) in the Bristol Medical School, at the University of Bristol. Informal enquiries are welcome, and may be made to Dr Tom Gaunt (email@example.com) or Dr Ben Elsworth (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Interviews will take place on Friday 13 July 2018.
The University is committed to creating and sustaining a fully inclusive culture. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds and communities.
More searches like this
- £30,001 - £40,000 Permanent Biological Sciences Research Associate jobs in Bristol (City Centre)
- £30,001 - £40,000 Permanent Clinical, Pre-clinical & Health Research Associate jobs in Bristol (City Centre)
- £30,001 - £40,000 Permanent Life sciences Research Associate jobs in Bristol (City Centre)
- £30,001 - £40,000 Permanent Medicine & Dentistry Research Associate jobs in Bristol (City Centre)
- £30,001 - £40,000 Permanent Other Health & Social Care Research Associate jobs in Bristol (City Centre)