- One of Australia’s leading research & teaching universities
- Vibrant campus life with a strong sense of community & inclusion
- Enjoy a career that makes a difference by collaborating & learning from the best
At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work.
The Division of Research at UNSW is responsible for the strategic research direction and overall research performance of the University, and in particular, maintaining and advancing the University's profile in research and research training.
About the role
- $91K-$115K plus 9.5% Superannuation and annual leave loading
- Fixed Term, 12 months
Research Analysis, Data and Reporting (RADAR) is a dedicated unit established to support the goal of continuously improving UNSW’s position as a leading research-intensive university in Australia. It is responsible for reporting on the University’s research activity and performance, its position in various world university rankings, ensuring the University’s strong performance in the ARC’s Excellence in Research for Australia (ERA) exercise, developing, enhancing and maintaining the Division’s research metric tool ‘BORIS’, and providing divisional support for research applications together with business improvement and integration services to ensure all systems are effectively meeting business requirements.
The Data Scientist is responsible for providing high-level reporting and analytics services, and the coordination of data submissions to external rankings organisations. This position is expected to analyse the research performance of the university using internal and external benchmarks and provide recommendations to align research activity with strategic priorities.
The role of Data Scientist reports to the Director and does not have any direct reports.
About the successful applicant
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Attention to detail with a methodical approach to work, ability to identify and troubleshoot technical issues, and the ability to clearly document progress and solutions using software (e.g. JIRA and Confluence).
- Demonstrated high-level experience using SAS business intelligence software including Base SAS, SAS Data Integration Studio, SAS Enterprise Guide, SAS Management Console, and SQL.
- A tertiary qualification in a relevant degree (e.g. statistics, mathematics, computer science, or engineering) and/or demonstrated experience working in similar data analysis related role.
You should systematically address the selection criteria listed within the position description in your application. Please apply online - applications will not be accepted if sent to the contact listed.
Simone Donovan, Talent Acquisition Team Leader, UNSW Talent Acquisition
Applications close: Sunday 17 June 2018, 11:30 pm