Business Intelligence Analyst
- One of Australia’s leading research & teaching universities
- Vibrant campus life with a strong sense of community & inclusion
- Enjoy a career that makes a difference by collaborating & learning from the best
At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work.
The Division of Research at UNSW is responsible for the strategic research direction and overall research performance of the University, and in particular, maintaining and advancing the University's profile in research and research training.
About the role
- $91K-$99K plus 17% superannuation and leave loading
- Fixed Term, 5 years
Research Analysis, Data and Reporting (RADAR) is a dedicated unit established to support the goal of continuously improving UNSW’s position as a leading research-intensive university in Australia. It is responsible for reporting on the University’s research activity and performance, its position in various world university rankings, ensuring the University’s strong performance in the ARC’s Excellence in Research for Australia (ERA) exercise, developing, enhancing and maintaining the Division’s research metric tool ‘BORIS’, and providing divisional support for research applications together with business improvement and integration services to ensure all systems are effectively meeting business requirements.
The Business Intelligence Analyst is responsible for providing business intelligence, data integration, reporting, and systems analysis expertise. This position is expected to utilise these technical skills in the development of end-to-end reporting solutions and dashboards within BORIS, UNSW’s research performance metrics system.
The role of Business Intelligence Analyst reports to the Data Architect and does not have any direct reports.
About the successful applicant
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Attention to detail with a methodical approach to work, ability to identify technical issues, contribute to business process improvements, and the ability to clearly document progress and solutions using software.
- Demonstrated experience in maintaining and improving a data warehouse using the SAS Business Intelligence Suite, including SAS data integration studio, Base SAS, and SQL.
- An appropriate degree with relevant experience in data analysis, business intelligence development or proven equivalent competency gained through any other combination of education, training or experience.
You should systematically address the selection criteria listed within the position description in your application. Please apply online - applications will not be accepted if sent to the contact listed.
Simone Donovan, Talent Acquisition Team Leader, UNSW Talent Acquisition
Applications close: Sunday 17 June 2018, 11:30 pm