- One of Australia’s leading research & teaching universities
- Vibrant campus life with a strong sense of community & inclusion
- Enjoy a career that makes a difference by collaborating & learning from the best
At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work.
The Division of Research at UNSW is responsible for the strategic research direction and overall research performance of the University, and in particular, maintaining and advancing the University's profile in research and research training.
About the role
- $91K-$115K plus 17% superannuation and leave loading
Research Analysis, Data and Reporting (RADAR) is a dedicated unit established to support the goal of continuously improving UNSW’s position as a leading research-intensive university in Australia. It is responsible for reporting on the University’s research activity and performance, its position in various world university rankings, ensuring the University’s strong performance in the ARC’s Excellence in Research for Australia (ERA) exercise, developing, enhancing and maintaining the Division’s research metric tool ‘BORIS’, and providing divisional support for research applications together with business improvement and integration services to ensure all systems are effectively meeting business requirements.
The Program Coordinator is responsible for providing high-level support to the Director, managing the process and operations related to multiple projects, monitoring the progress of projects, developing briefings and reports for boards and committees, and providing recommendations to advance the strategic priorities of the unit.
The role requires working with senior staff in all UNSW Divisions, the University community, and external stakeholders, to ensure that the Division of Research develops and implements strategies to continually improve the quality and breadth of service delivery.
The Program Coordinator role reports to the Director and has no direct reports.
About the successful applicant
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation and relationship-building skills with the ability to maintain good collaborative working relationships with a diverse range of people and networks, and effectively influence and persuade a range of stakeholders to achieve shared strategic goals.
- Demonstrated experience in governance and/or committee management within a Higher Education environment, including the development of best practice decision-making processes.
- A bachelor’s degree / postgraduate qualification in a relevant discipline and substantial experience in higher education administration or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
You should systematically address the selection criteria listed within the position description in your application. Please apply online - applications will not be accepted if sent to the contact listed.
Simone Donovan, Talent Acquisition Team Leader, UNSW Talent Acquisition
Applications close: Sunday 17 June 2018, 11:30 pm