Data and Reporting Analyst
- One of Australia’s leading research & teaching universities
- Vibrant campus life with a strong sense of community & inclusion
- Enjoy a career that makes a difference by collaborating & learning from the best
At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work.
The Division of Research at UNSW is responsible for the strategic research direction and overall research performance of the University, and in particular, maintaining and advancing the University's profile in research and research training.
About the role
- $83K-$99K plus 17% superannuation and leave loading
Research Analysis, Data and Reporting (RADAR) is a dedicated unit established to support the goal of continuously improving UNSW’s position as a leading research-intensive university in Australia. It is responsible for reporting on the University’s research activity and performance, its position in various world university rankings, ensuring the University’s strong performance in the ARC’s Excellence in Research for Australia (ERA) exercise, developing, enhancing and maintaining the Division’s research metric tool ‘BORIS’, and providing divisional support for research applications together with business improvement and integration services to ensure all systems are effectively meeting business requirements.
The Data and Reporting Analyst is responsible for providing data manipulation, reporting, process improvement and business analysis expertise within the Research Analysis, Data and Reporting unit. This position is expected to support the maintenance and management of research applications, government data submissions, university rankings analysis, and research data administration.
The role of Data and Reporting Analyst reports to the Manager, Data and Reporting and does not have any direct reports.
About the successful applicant
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Demonstrated outstanding capability in analytics and information interpretation, with the ability to develop high-quality reports and deliver strategic insights.
- Demonstrated experience with using databases, data analysis software, automation and programming (e.g. SAS, SQL, Python, XML) to interrogate datasets, undertake complex analysis, and produce reports.
- A tertiary qualification with relevant experience in data analysis, business intelligence development or proven equivalent competency gained through any other combination of education, training or experience.
You should systematically address the selection criteria listed within the position description in your application. Please apply online - applications will not be accepted if sent to the contact listed.
Simone Donovan, Talent Acquisition Team Leader, UNSW Talent Acquisition
Applications close: Sunday 17 June 2018, 11:30 pm