Postdoctoral Research Associate in Civil Engineering
- One of Australia’s leading research & teaching universities
- Vibrant campus life with a strong sense of community & inclusion
- Enjoy a career that makes a difference by collaborating & learning from the best
At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work.
The Faculty of Engineering at UNSW is a national and international leader in engineering research and education and is the University’s premier research Faculty. It is the largest Engineering Faculty in Australia, graduating the largest number of engineers and with the largest research expenditure. Through excellence in fundamental and applied research the Faculty aims to be placed in the top 20 internationally by 2025
About the role
- A$73,597 - $98,127 plus 9.5% Superannuation and annual leave loading
- Fixed term contract (12 month)
- Full-time (35 hours per week)
The Research Centre of Integrated Transport Innovation (rCITI) which is part of the School of Civil and Environmental Engineering, represents a strategic effort with research, government and industry partners that unites and substantially augments the wide range of interdisciplinary research across campus. The Research Associate will contribute to initiating and undertaking behavioural agent-based modelling related research for the city of Sydney.
To be successful in this role you will:
- PhD in Civil Engineering with at least one year of experience as a postdoctoral research associate or similar. Background in transport engineering, computer science and urban planning will also be considered.
- Demonstrated experience in one of the known activity-based models and working on large-scale multidisciplinary projects.
- Demonstrated programming experience
- Demonstrated ability to conduct independent research with limited supervision.
- Demonstrated track record of publications and conference presentations relative to opportunity.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team, collaborate across disciplines and build effective relationships.
Please systematically address the selection criteria listed within the position description in your application. Please apply online - applications will not be accepted if sent to the contact listed.
Talent Acquisition Consultant
T: (61 2) 9385 2397