Lecturer/Associate Professor in Energy Storage and Conversion
- Australia’s leading engineering faculty
- World-leading group of researchers and teachers
- Cutting edge facilities and innovative research
At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work.
UNSW Engineering is recruiting outstanding and inspirational individuals to join our world-leading group of researchers and teachers to build on our success and take the Faculty into the world’s top 20 engineering faculties.
As Australia’s leading engineering faculty, we create bold new solutions to globally relevant challenges to improve lives. We combine the world’s best facilities and innovative research with an exciting and connected education experience to open doors for our graduates.
The School of Chemical Engineering
The School of Chemical Engineering has been delivering excellent teaching and research for over sixty-five years. The research clusters in the school broadly span the areas of Energy, Food and Health, Environmental Technology, Macromolecular and Interfacial Engineering, and Product and Process Design. It offers degrees in Food Science and Technology, Chemical Engineering and Industrial Chemistry. The school is ranked in the top 37 (QS World Ranking) in Chemical Engineering. For further information about the School, please visit http://www.engineering.unsw.edu.au/chemical-engineering/
About the role
We are recruiting for an exceptional candidate into the Faculty of Engineering research priority area of Energy Storage and Conversion.
Desirable criteria is experience and skills in advanced prototyping and performance testing.
The role will conduct high impact research, deliver outstanding teaching and student experience and build industry engagement.
Senior appointments would be expected to have an international profile and reputation in their relevant discipline and to provide leadership, strategy and direction to innovative world-class research teams at UNSW.
The appointment would be:
- at level B ($103K - $121K), at level C ($125K - $143K), or at level D (149K - $164K) (plus 17% superannuation and leave loading) per annum, commensurate with academic qualifications and experience,
- full time,
- to a Convertible Tenure Track Employment Contract for an initial fixed term period of 5 years, with conversion to continuing appointment based on satisfactory performance and there being sufficient productive work available.
The Faculty reserves the right to offer an appointment on a continuing basis or to directly appoint to advertised positions.
- A PhD in a relevant field
- Proven track record in research and attracting research funding
- A commitment to delivering high quality and innovative teaching at undergraduate and graduate levels
- Candidates who are able to contribute to teaching and program development broadly across the Schools would be highly regarded.
UNSW desires to be the exemplar Australian university and employer of choice for people from diverse backgrounds. UNSW aspires to ensure equality in recruitment, development, retention and promotion of staff, paying particular attention to ensuring no-one is disadvantaged on the basis of their gender, cultural background, disability or Indigenous origin.
Engineering strongly encourages female applicants and actively supports women to succeed through specific Faculty and UNSW initiatives and generous parental leave provisions and flexible work practices.
Applicants with industry experience are especially welcome.
The preferred candidate will be required to undergo pre-employment checks prior to appointment.
How to apply
Submit your application through www.jobs.unsw.edu.au
Be sure to review the position documentation and systematically address the selection criteria in your application.
Any enquiries can be forwarded to Scientia Professor Rose Amal:
T: +61 9385 4361
Applications close: 23:55, Sunday 12th Aug 2018 (AEST)