Senior Projects Officer, Work Integrated Learning
- Full Time
Student Experience Unit
UNSW Business School
- One of the Asia-Pacific’s leading research-intensive Universities
- Strong regional and global engagement
- Cutting edge facilities and equipment
At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work.
UNSW Business School is a leader in business education and research in the Asian region and one of the largest Business Schools in Australia with more than 15,000 students, 500 academic and professional staff and more than 80,000 alumni and partners. The Business School offers a full suite of business degree programs at undergraduate, postgraduate, coursework and research levels, including the AGSM MBA programs and a range of Executive Programs. Its direction is guided by a business advisory council of leading CEOs, chairpersons and other business leaders.
The Student Experience is the UNSW Business School’s central hub for engagement and support for students and alumni. As a ‘One-stop-shop’, we drive a seamless pathway for our students ranging from discovery and enquiry through to graduation and beyond.
About the role
- Level 7 $91K-$99K plus (17% superannuation and leave loading)
- Continuing role
- Full-time (35 hours per week)
The WIL Senior Projects Officer is part of the Student Experience Unit and is focused on projects that connect the Program and Industry Engagement streams of work, by coordinating projects that link and engage Business School students, alumni and industry, providing an enriched experience and facilitating lifelong career development.
Key responsibilities include:
- Work with the WIL Program Manager and WIL Industry Engagement Manager to develop, plan and administer a range of programs, resources and tailored events to facilitate engagement with Business students, industry and alumni.
- Work with the WIL Industry Engagement Manager and other UNSW stakeholders (such as the Alumni + Engagement Business Partner assigned to the Business School) to build and maintain relationships with industry and alumni in order to encourage participation in WIL activities, to ensure that practice reflects needs relevant to the contemporary labour market, and to promote the Business School.
- Contribute to the development, delivery and maintenance of mentoring programs through face-to-face and online delivery methodologies.
- Assist student associations with WIL-related matters, including providing program support and contribution to appropriate publications and activities.
- Compile data and produce evaluation reports in areas such as graduate destinations, mentoring, alumni and student engagement.
About the successful applicant
You will have experience working on multiple projects with diverse stakeholder groups, with a strong track record in the delivery of successful outcomes. You will use your energy and enthusiasm to engage with stakeholders in a meaningful way to ensure projects are completed in a timely fashion.
Specific requirements include:
- Degree with subsequent relevant experience or an equivalent level of knowledge gained through any other combination of education, training and/or experience.
- Demonstrated skills in coordinating and supporting career development and/or alumni programs.
- Strong communication and negotiation skills with a demonstrated capacity to liaise effectively with university staff, alumni, students, employers and other stakeholders.
- Demonstrated skills and experience in producing and promoting educational, marketing and careers related materials and web content within a university context.
- Experience writing career development/mentoring materials is preferred but not essential.
You should systematically address the selection criteria (found by clicking Apply Now) in your application. Please apply online – applications will not be accepted if sent to contact listed.
You may be required to undergo pre-employment checks prior to appointment to this role.
Ben Richards, Talent Acquisition Lead
Applications close: 11:59 pm, Sunday June 24th 2018