- One of Australia’s leading research & teaching universities
- Vibrant campus life with a strong sense of community & inclusion
- Enjoy a career that makes a difference by collaborating & learning from the best
At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work.
The Global Profile & Reputation Unit is responsible for harnessing communications and creative capability to help UNSW reach key audiences
About the role
- $71K-$80K plus 9.5% Superannuation and annual leave loading
- Fixed Term, 12 months
The Global Profile & Reputation Unit is responsible for harnessing communications and creative capability to help UNSW reach key audiences in a way that positions UNSW as a global leader in higher education and meets key strategic goals.
The Events Assistant plays a supporting role in the coordination, delivery and promotion of strategic events within their cluster. This position provides operational support and ensures the smooth delivery of strategic events as well as maintaining effective stakeholder relationships across UNSW. If based in Faculties, it is not intended that the Assistant will coordinate all events, across all Schools. The focus for this role is on coordinating high profile and highly strategic (non-student recruitment) events for the designated area.
The Events Assistant reports to the Events Coordinator for their specific cluster and has no direct reports.
About the successful applicant
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Outstanding organisational skills with proven ability to deal with multiple tasks and establish priorities ideally in an event management setting
- Demonstrated ability to work flexibly and productively as an effective team member to ensure deadlines are met
- A relevant tertiary qualification and relevant experience or an equivalent level of knowledge gained through any combination of education, training and student recruitment experience
You should systematically address the selection criteria listed within the position description in your application. Please apply online - applications will not be accepted if sent to the contact listed.
Meredith Hall, Manager University Events, Division of External Relations
Applications close: Wednesday 20 June 2018, 11:30 pm
Please disable "Pop-up Blockers" to view Position Description Document
UNSW aspires to be the exemplar Australian university and employer of choice for people from diverse backgrounds. UNSW aims to ensure equality in recruitment, development, retention and promotion of staff, and that no-one is disadvantaged on the basis of their gender, cultural background, disability, sexual orientation or identity. We encourage everyone who meets the selection criteria to apply.