Alumni Affairs Coordinator
OFFICE OF THE VICE-CHANCELLOR
Strategic Partnerships, Advancement and Communications
The Alumni Unit, which is an integral part of the Strategic Partnerships, Advancement and Communications (SPAC) Office, is responsible for managing the Alumni Database, producing merchandise, organising Alumni programmes such as reunions and launching of Alumni chapters, both in the region and internationally. The Unit coordinated by the Alumni Affairs Coordinator seeks to advance the University by encouraging alumni pride and generosity, as well as by assisting alumni to become involved in USP’s activities and give back to the University through contributions to the Alumni Fund.
The Alumni Affairs Coordinator will be in charge of the alumni affairs of the University. The position coordinates alumni activities of the University and manages the Alumni Unit within the SPAC office under the overall supervision of the Director SPAC. The appointee will also be required to report to the Vice-Chancellor through Director SPAC. The Alumni Affairs Coordinator will provide direct support to Director SPAC through the provision of strategic advice and analysis relating to alumni relations, effective communication with alumni, drafting of MOUs, media releases, speeches, presentations and papers for the Vice-Chancellor and/or on behalf of the University in relation to alumni. He/She will be required to create, maintain and continually update a database of all USP graduates, graduation records and other student services. The incumbent will also be responsible for developing alumni contacts and networks, building alumni relations, mobilising resources for Alumni Fund and facilitating communication with all relevant stakeholders, implementing the objectives under the Alumni Strategy, organising Alumni events and merchandise, and preparing presentations and reports on Alumni activities.
The Person We Seek
To be considered for this position, applicants must have:
- A Postgraduate qualification in a relevant field;
- Significant experience in alumni relations, fundraising, public relations or similar role;
- Experience in devising a strategic plan and leading a team to implement it across a large organisation;
- Management experience, including leadership skills to inspire a team, and support and develop individuals;
- Budgetary management experience;
- Experience of delivering high-quality events and communications within a wider strategic framework;
- Experience in a fundraising/sponsorship environment; and
- Knowledge and experience of the Higher Education sector.
Preference will be given to applicants with:
- A Master’s qualification in a relevant field;
- Outstanding interpersonal skills with the proven ability to establish and maintain positive relationships with a wide range of people including the ability to recruit, motivate and manage alumni volunteers;
- Ability to work within an interdependent team, and to manage members of a team;
- Strong project management skills;
- Good financial planning and budgetary skills; and
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills.
The position is available for a term of 3 years and may be renewed by mutual agreement.
Salary Range: Level 3 FJ $66,521 to FJ $81,491 per annum
(Inclusive of 15% Gratuity)
In addition to the above benefits, the University contributes 10% of basic salary to an approved superannuation scheme, provides airfare and relocation costs where appropriate.
Enquiries: Ms. Anabelle Chand; tel.: (679) 32 32148; email: email@example.com
Closing date for applications: 24 June 2018
How to Apply
Candidates may use the University’s online E-Recruitment system to view full details and apply for this position at https://www.usprecruits.usp.ac.fj Manual and emailed applications are no longer accepted. Candidates may request further information from the Human Resources Office; tel.: (679) 32 32072; email: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Please also include the following documents in your application: Cover letter and Resume clearly addressing key Selection Criteria, academic transcript and names of three referees, one of which must be your current or most recent direct work supervisor.