Professor in Management and Head of School
FACULTY OF BUSINESS AND ECONOMICS
Graduate School of Business
Recruiting for Excellence
The University of the South Pacific is one of only two regional universities in the world. We are the leading tertiary education provider and research facility in the South Pacific. The USP recognises the importance of research activity to our academic staff and therefore provides incentives to encourage high-impact research and publications.
We have students, spread over 14 Campuses, across 33 million square kilometers of ocean. The USP is owned and supported by 12 Pacific Island countries. We are committed to leaving a lasting legacy for all of these countries by developing their leaders of tomorrow. With a six-year strategic plan we have significant ambitions for the future and we need great leaders to achieve them.
The Graduate School of Business (GSB) is part of Faculty of Business and Economics. GSB offers the Master of Business Administration (MBA) both full-time and part-time programme in Fiji and to other pacific island nation.
In this role, you will be required to teach Master of Business courses on campus and in the region, participate and contribute to the research and publications profile of the school and contribute to administrative functions of the school and to the development of new courses and programmes. The appointee will also assume responsibilities of Head of the Graduate School of Business.
The Person We Seek
To be considered for this position, applicants must have:
- A PhD in a Management related discipline with extensive experience in research, publications and consultancy
- Extensive tertiary level teaching experience;
- Experience in curriculum development;
- Substantial experience and track record of successful Masters and PhD thesis supervision
- Experience in professional accreditation;
- A distinguished record of research and publication in relevant fields;
- Excellent English – written and oral communication skills;
- Excellent people skills and strong ability to develop and lead the School.
Preference will be given to applicants with:
- Familiarity with the field of Management;
- Evidence of excellence in teaching in a multi-cultural environment and a track record in obtaining accreditations;
- Experience in senior leadership roles at the School or faculty level.
The position is available for a term of 5 years and may be renewed by mutual agreement.
Salary Range: Professor FJ $129,078 to FJ $139,543 per annum
The University may pay an inducement allowance to secure the services of an exceptionally well qualified candidate.
Enquiries: Professor Arvind Patel; tel.: (679) 323 2703; email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications: 22 July 2018
How to Apply
Candidates may use the University’s online E-Recruitment system to view full details and apply for this position at https://www.usprecruits.usp.ac.fj Manual and emailed applications are no longer accepted. Candidates may request further information from the Human Resources Office; tel.: (679) 32 32072; email: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Please also include the following documents in your application: Cover letter and Resume clearly addressing key Selection Criteria, academic transcript and names of three referees, one of which must be your current or most recent direct work supervisor.