Research Coordinator, Behaviour, Environment and Cognition
5 days left
- Full Time
- Utilise your project management experience with public health studies, in particular longitudinal epidemiological studies on environmental determinants of behaviours and health
- Contribute to the development of a vibrant, multi-disciplinary research team
- Full time fixed term role based in Melbourne with an anticipated end date of 2021
Australian Catholic University (ACU) is an inclusive community that welcomes students and staff of all beliefs. ACU has over 2,500 staff supporting more than 34,000 students across eight campuses – Adelaide, Ballarat, Brisbane, Canberra, Melbourne, North Sydney, Strathfield and Rome.
As valued members of our community, all staff members are expected to have an understanding of ACU’s mission and values and to demonstrate an active contribution to them.
The Mary MacKillop Institute for Health Research (MMIHR) is focused on undertaking research that discovers and promotes effective strategies to create a healthier Australia. The work undertaken in the MMIHR aims to address critical public health issues by identifying and responding with innovative programs that deliver better health outcomes and transform lives. ACU provides the MacKillop with world-class research infrastructure that facilitates large-scale research studies.
The Research Coordinator will support and contribute to the research output of the Behaviour, Environment & Cognition Research Group within the MMIHR through coordinating and conducting research activities independently and/or within a team closely related to projects falling under the umbrella of the ACURF-funded program of research “Environment, Active Living and Cognitive Health: Building the Evidence Base”.
As Research Coordinator you will:
- execute a range of project management functions, including: coordinating the development and/or revision of research project protocols and document submissions
- contribute to development of a vibrant research team, including through the provision of advice and guidance to PhD students and junior colleagues
- evaluate and report on achievement against project objectives and provide recommendations
- maintain effective communication processes with research investigators, stakeholders and other members of multi-disciplinary teams to ensure information is appropriately shared.
To be successful in this role you will need to demonstrate:
- completion of a degree in psychology, cognitive science or public health, and subsequent work experience in a similar role or equivalent combination of relevant experience and/or education training
- experience in a research-oriented environment and/or health and/or cognitive function, including demonstrated ability to support high quality research outcomes
- demonstrated project management skills, including planning and organisational skills, with the ability to achieve required outcomes and meet deadlines in a high-pressure environment.
The University pursues an excellence agenda and offers an environment where staff are welcomed and safe and valued through development, participation and involvement.
How to Apply:
Applicants are expected to address all selection criteria listed in the position description. To apply for this role click the "Apply" link below. Visit Hints and Tips on how to apply.
Total remuneration valued to $99,129- $107,286 pa, including salary component $83,765- $90,658 pa, (Higher Education Worker Level 7), employer contribution to superannuation and annual leave loading
To discuss this role further contact please contact Professor Ester Cerin, The Mary MacKillop Institute for Health Research on (03) 9953 3704
Only candidates with the right to work in Australia may apply for this position.
ACU is committed to diversity and social inclusion in its employment practices. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disabilities and people from culturally diverse groups are encouraged.
Equal Opportunity and Privacy of personal information is University policy. For more details visit www.acu.edu.au/careers”
APPLICATIONS CLOSE: Saturday 30 June 2018