Are you a skilled Software Engineer (C++) who is passionate about designing, developing and deploying advanced software systems required for the control of high-energy particle accelerators? CERN, take part!
As a Software Engineer (C++), you will join:
- The Beams Department (BE), responsible for the beam generation, acceleration, diagnostics, controls and performance optimization for the LHC and its injector accelerators.
- The Controls Group (CO), responsible for providing and supporting the controls infrastructure used to operate these particle accelerators 24 hours a day.
- The Software for Real-Time and Communication Section (SRC), in charge of core software packages and systems required for the real-time control, data acquisition and communication infrastructure used for the on-line operation of the CERN Accelerator complex (http://cern.ch/go/9Lqv).
- Taking responsibility for the analysis, design, implementation, documentation, validation and release of individual components according to stakeholders’ needs and schedules, reporting regularly on progress to supervisors, user meetings and group-wide committees.
- Maintaining and upgrading existing software, in close collaboration with end-users.
- Assisting end users in the use of these frameworks, taking on board their feedback in order to further adapt the frameworks to their needs.
- Contributing actively to the improvement of software engineering practices in the section, applying agreed software quality standards to all phases of the development cycle, such as code quality, unit test coverage and documentation.
- Eventually supervising students, fellows and technicians and providing support for software development technologies and methods to colleagues inside and outside the CO Group.