Accountant, Revenue Cycle Analyst, School of Medicine
Dual Reporting to the Revenue Cycle Director and Finance Associate Director, this individual provides analytical support to establish and achieve revenue cycle goals and objectives, supporting all DOM Section requests. Using industry guidelines and best practice standards, performance in a variety of areas, including, but not limited to, scheduling, registration, charge reconciliation, accurate coding and QA. Builds relationships with and maintains contact with Department of Medicine (DOM) Practices to obtain, provide and analyze additional information that will enhance billing and DOM Operations. Prepares adhoc and standard reports that communicate and interpret results for Practices.
Finance Department responsibilities include Monthly Balance Sheet Reconciliations, DOM Departmental (Section) Analysis, manage and update the Contractual reporting for Health Centers and Other Revenue. EPIC interface between Billing and Finance. BU SAP knowledge to process Concur transactions as well as journal entries. Payroll processing understanding in both BU SAP and BMC to include in house data base. Ad hoc projects as required.
3-5 years of experience and Bachelor’s degree required
- Provides ADHOC analytical support to establish and achieve revenue cycle goals and objectives, supporting all DOM Section requests.
- Reviews and assists with denial analysis, consulting with the management team to identify issues and trends that contribute to variances and below par performance.
- Assists in the charge reconciliation and serve as a resource regarding billing of clinic visits/procedures and associated charges within the various systems. Oversee the weekly Open Encounters and communicates as necessary with Section AD’s to resolve.
- Participate in corrective actions in response to variances and trends. Involved in implementing edits and revenue cycle operational processes.
- Monitors weekly productivity from the professional billing system utilizing ETM to ensure accounts are worked and resolved timely by end of week/month. Monitors and assist with edits in TES/PK/Epic for trends/possible process improvements, including education, edit creation and workflow changes.
- Builds relationships with and maintains contact with Billing Vendor, DOM practices, PBO Shared Services, DOM Operations and Coding to obtain, provide and analyze additional information that will enhance billings. Prepares adhoc and standard reports that communicate and interpret results for PM’s, AD’s and DOM Management.
- Prepare Journal Entries with proper substantiation as well as participate in the Monthly Financial Closing and Statement Generation.
- Monthly submittal of Balance Sheet reconciliations to SharePoint
- Ongoing Department (Section) analysis for AD discussion, Month End Consolidated Budget to Actual Variance Reporting to BUMG and BU SAP knowledge to for processing Concur and Payroll (backup) as well as understanding in house database. Maintain Contractual obligations for Physician outside contracting to Health Centers and Other. Cash and/or Billing shared responsibilities with Finance Staff
Boston University is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Boston, Massachusetts, United States