Post Title: Vice Principal
Responsible to: CEO, Deputy CEO and Principal
Contacts: Staff and students
The Vice Principal is expected to lead, inspire and develop the management team and staff, maintaining at all times that ethos of partnership and shared decision making which has been so fundamental to the College’s success.
- To assist the Principal in the overall administration of the School.
- To act interim for the Principal if required.
- Assisting with stated recommendations from QAA visits within deadline.
- Ensure that LSST has continual improvement in its teaching, learning and assessment practices.
- Extend our recruitment into the International market and satisfactorily prepare staff for this expansion.
- Lead on the improvement of Retention, Progression and Achievement of all students and of overall student satisfaction.
- Drive a School-wide Enterprise and Employability agenda.
- Improve the motivation and morale of staff and to ensure that we minimise the number of grievances and disciplinaries.
- Improve the student support service and the satisfaction with students.
- Propose new markets to expand the number and quality of Home students.
- To encourage the development of mutually supportive partnerships and alliances with the local community, other education providers, employers, professional bodies and appropriate Government departments, in order to foster and strengthen these relationships and networks, to represent the College on local, regional and national committees or other bodies which are considered relevant and influential to the present and future needs of the College
- To instil and develop a dynamic and entrepreneurial culture in the College to enable it to adapt to external changes, respond to opportunities and maximise income
- To provide both dynamic and empathetic leadership of all staff, which creates a culture that encourages debate, rewards innovation and fosters inclusiveness and productive team working
- To determine the academic provision and development of the College, within the framework of its policies and strategies, after consultation with staff, students, employers and other partners through appropriate structures and mechanisms.
- To encourage and support the development of the new curriculum and supervising the existing course curriculum in liaison with the Principal and Course Coordinators
- To organise weekly/monthly/ quarterly/ yearly staff meetings
- To ensure that the college's internal quality assessment and assurance mechanisms are working effectively to bring about continuous quality improvement. Also to ensure that all developments are undertaken in line with the college's equal opportunities policies and development strategies
- To ensure that the college makes all necessary preparations and achieves deadlines in order to comply with requirements for external quality assessment and inspection
- To ensure that customer orientated and objective systems are established and are being utilised to fulfil the College's responsibilities as specified within the Student Handbook.
- To ensure that the Academic team conducts its business effectively and efficiently and that the Associate Deans and Programme Leaders are able to maintain an up to date and appropriate overview of academic development and outcomes in all areas of the curriculum
- To ensure that the College's Strategic Aims, Objectives and targets and implementation systems are congruent with its stated Vision and Purpose, and with its adopted policies, operating principles and regulations
- To ensure that the college fulfils the various statutory and other requirements of the UKBA, BAC and other Accreditation bodies and other Government agencies.
The post holder must respect the confidentiality of data stored electronically and by other means in line with the Data Protection Act 1998.
The Post holder must demonstrate a strong commitment to the College’s Equal Opportunities Policy when dealing with students, staff and visitors. This may involve a particular responsibility to assist anyone with a disability or Special Needs. Any shortcomings of the service in providing an Equal Opportunities environment should be reported immediately to the Operations Manager.
All members of staff are required to be professional, co-operative and flexible in line with the needs of the post, Department and College.
Please e-mail your covering letter and CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org.