Director of Professional Development
Director of Professional Development
Department: Professional Development
Reports to: Vice Rector for Academic Affairs
The Director of the Professional Development Center provides leadership to the conceptualization, design and evaluation of a comprehensive program that develops the skills of PMU faculty and professional staff with a focus on enhancing the university’s student-centered learning environment and building PMU core competencies. Services under the director include individual consultation services, group workshops, and other events directed toward university faculty and professional staff.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provides leadership, planning, coordination and oversight of the implementation of a wide range of services that support excellence in teaching and services that support learning and the development of competencies.
• Oversees, develops, and evaluates professional development programs for faculty and professional staff, including staff of the Learning Resources Center and the various divisions of Student Services.
• Develops a professional development program, which includes classes, workshops, and support programs, designed to promote faculty and staff roles in student learning.
• Engages and collaborates with faculty from all disciplines and the staff of the Learning Resources Center as they develop and incorporate learner-centric teaching and assessment strategies into courses.
• Organizes and instructs summer institutes and workshops that develop faculty and professional staff skills in active learning and instructional design.
• Trains and directs specialized departmental staffs who provide support to faculty in the classroom.
• Assists faculty in the use of instructional technologies and the acquisition and use of educational media that support active learning; develops a teaching and learning resource Web site
• Identifies the needs of faculty and professional staff for training in all areas; pursues the use of technology to transform and enhance the effectiveness of teaching and learning.
• Promotes the scholarship of teaching and learning by cultivating an atmosphere in which faculty view student learning as a subject of inquiry and investigation.
• Continually assesses the effectiveness of instructional practices and redirects efforts when needed.
• Coordinates faculty and staff orientation.
• Designs and facilitates strategies for evaluating faculty and professional staff performance across all disciplines.
• Identifies, assembles and maintains various resources for faculty and professional staff with the goal of enhancing teaching, learning, and the development of PMU competencies. Such resources include Web sites and publications.
• Collaborates with the Vice Rector for Academic Affairs, the Vice Rector for Student Services, Deans, the Director and Associate Director of the Learning Resources Center, other Directors and PMU administrative officers to achieve the objectives of the University.
• Ph.D. in adult education or related field.
• The ability to speak and write fluently in English.
• Record of successful teaching in a college or university setting.
• Experience with a variety of pedagogical theories and teaching approaches, effective uses of technology to support instruction, and learning and program assessment strategies.
• Demonstrated organizational and management skills.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Knowledge of faculty and staff development techniques, systematic approaches to research and evaluation assessment, and research design experience.
Benefits and Conditions
PMU offers an income tax-free compensation package, commensurate with rank and experience, including 12-month salary, PMU accommodation, annual vacation, and annual round-trip airfare to the home country, medical insurance and end of contract benefits.
How to Apply:
Applications must include a letter of interest, curriculum vita (include a recent photo; state citizenship; and links to Google Scholar and LinkedIn profile), unofficial copy of Ph.D. Diploma, statement of research and teaching interests as well as the names, addresses, phone numbers, and email addresses of at least three professional references. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until positions are filled.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Please send application materials, via email, clearly stating the position applied for, to:
Ms. Shazia Sammer
Ms. Tedda Jane Castro
Apply for Director of Professional Development
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly