Position: Associate Dean
Location: London, UK
12 months extendable on performance and growth of the business
Purpose of the Role:
- To provide the strategic vision and leadership for the campus both on Academic and non-Academic levels under the management of the Principal and Deputy CEO.
- To lead the academic development of the College
- To contribute to the institutional strategy in learning and teaching, ensuring the coordination and synchronisation of the campus in the context of the wider institution and to participate in the numerous boards, committees and panels of the College.
- To liaise with the senior officers of the College to ensure the effective management of all academic systems
- To develop an effective working relationship with the Principal and Deputy CEO in order to meet the highest standards of corporate governance
- To enhance the reputation of the College for academic excellence, quality and engagement
- To influence and advocate on behalf of the College and its interests through active engagement with the sector, government, business and alumni - in the UK and internationally
Duties of the Role:
- To provide effective leadership of the College to both its staff and students and to external stakeholders
- To organise, direct and manage the campus and lead the staff as appropriate to the matrix line management structure, providing inspiring and motivating leadership
- To act as the key contact with the Executive and the Head Office, in particular but not exclusively with HR, Finance, Registry, IT and Building/Maintenance departments.
- To be a member of key Committees and to represent the interests of the campus.
- To provide effective management of all systems, staff and resources made available to the campus.
- To work closely with the Marketing function to identify and report upon market opportunities related to the campus in regard to demographics and curriculum development
- To contribute to the development, implementation and monitoring of College plans and policies
- To ensure that the College is effectively represented and promoted in local and regional forums and that information from external sources is disseminated widely throughout the campus
- To contribute to the development and maintenance of effective communication within and beyond the College and act as an ambassador for the College and an advocate of its interests
Minimum requirements for the post
- Education: Master’s degree in a relevant academic discipline (essential)
- PhD in a relevant discipline (desirable)
Experience & Position:
- Work experience in Education more than 10 years
- Work experience in a leadership role for more than 5 years
- Management skills both within learning and teaching within a higher education environment and supporting staff engaged in learning and teaching
- Experience in Educational Oversight and / or QAA inspections
- Involved in validation of new programs both on undergraduate and postgraduate level
- An understanding of issues facing the UK higher education sector, notably in relation to learning and teaching
- Experience of managing resources within a College in relation to learning and teaching.
Please e-mail your covering letter and CV to: email@example.com