Student Success Officer
5 days left
- Full Time
- STUDENT LIFE
- JOONDALUP AND MOUNT LAWLEY CAMPUS
- $78,578 TO $84,902 PA
- ONGOING, FULL-TIME (2.0FTE)
- OPEN TO AUSTRALIAN OR NEW ZEALAND CITIZENS OR AUSTRALIAN PERMANENT RESIDENTS
The Student Life directorate adopts a whole of institution, evidence-based approach to building a sense of belonging and ensure individual students’ needs are met holistically across the student lifecycle. These services will deliver a successful student experience that focuses on providing high quality services for retention, employability and personalised support for student success.
The Student Success team has a pivotal role in providing individual student and centrally coordinated programs to support students and school staff to improve student success. These services are evidence and sector best practice based. Collaboration across all University student service points is a major requirement, as is the implementation of a seamless student experience strategy alongside excellent customer service standards.
Collaborating with a range of ECU stakeholders, the Student Success Officer is responsible for providing support to students through the implementation of proactive student success programs and addressing and resolving more complex individual student issues through case management. The Student Success Officer will identify student support needs and develop action plans to enable students to reach their full potential and experience positive outcomes in their ECU studies.
If you are a proven performer and are looking to join a dynamic team with a wide range of service delivery, check the position description to see if you are the person we are looking for. This is your chance to make a real difference to people's lives!
- A relevant tertiary qualification (e.g. Social Work, Education) with subsequent experience OR an equivalent level of frontline support service expertise gained from a combination of experience and training in implementing programs and managing complex support for individuals
- Experience working in the Higher Education sector
- Demonstrated experience in case management of individuals, identifying their support needs and developing relevant action plans. Additionally, a work history incorporating event planning, participation and management should also be evidenced.
- The ability to investigate, identify and analyse key issues and the associated alternatives, benefits and costs to develop practical solutions. Involves being creative and innovative when developing effective solutions and the ability to manage related risks. Also an understanding of when a decision needs to be escalated to others, and working to try to identify and address potential problems before they arise.
- Ability to work cooperatively with others to accomplish joint tasks and common objectives. Involves building positive working relationships with others and avoiding “win-lose” confrontations and a focus on preserving and strengthening the ongoing relationship.
- Building rapport and forming positive working relationships with all internal
stakeholders as well as external stakeholders/communities
You will also demonstrate personal attributes that are congruent with the University’s values of Integrity, Respect, Rational Inquiry and Personal Excellence.
Benefits & Remuneration
This full time ongoing position attracts remuneration of $78,578 TO $84,902 pa plus 17% University superannuation contribution.
ECU supports a work/life balance for staff. Benefits such as flexible working arrangements may also be negotiated to meet your personal circumstances.
ECU has an Award-winning Health and Wellness Program and an extensive range of staff benefits across entertainment, financial, health, travel and consumer goods and services.
For information on the benefits of working at ECU, please visit our Employment Opportunities website.
Interested applicants are welcome to Dr Glenda Jackson (Student Life) on (08) 6304 3881 for more information.
How to Apply
Please upload your resume along with a statement (maximum of 2 pages) addressing the key criteria listed above.
Applications close on 27th June, 2018 at 9:30 pm.
ECU is diverse and inclusive workplace reflecting the differences in society. Specific strategies and initiatives are in place to address under representation of specific groups. Applications are encouraged from suitably qualified people from all backgrounds.