Deputy Head of School
Faculty of Art and Humanities
Deputy Head of School - School of Art and Design
The Times Higher Education University of the Year and the Times and Sunday Times Modern University of the Year, Coventry University is one of the leading higher education recruiters.
The School of Art and Design is internationally recognized, and award-winning with a tradition of innovation since 1843. Our alumni inform, create and shape the world around us. The School is a vibrant environment which embraces innovation in teaching, research and professional practice and offers exciting undergraduate and postgraduate courses including, automotive and product design, fine art, illustration, interior and graphic design, fashion and architecture. The School is linked with Faculty's Research Centre in Mobility and Transport and Visual Arts Research Group
We are now seeking an exceptional candidate to join us as Deputy Head of School and lead the School through its next phase of growth. This will see the achievement of an ambitious strategic vision, which defines the future of Art and Design education at Coventry and shapes the future of its disciplines through our national and international collaborations.
The Deputy Head of School role provides opportunity for a talented and ambitious academic who wishes to utilise managerial experience and skills within a highly creative context. Whilst this is a permanent appointment at Principal Lecturer level, the Deputy Head of School role will be a secondment of 4 years in the first instance.
The role offers an opportunity to make a leading contribution to the School of Art & Design by:
* Working closely with the Head of School to drive forward the School's contribution to the University's Corporate Plan, assuming lead responsibility for the day-to-day operational requirements of the School.
* Supporting the Head in representing the School internally and externally, and implementing policies and procedures at School level.
* Liaising closely with the Associate Heads of School to develop innovative pedagogic practices internationalisation, enterprise and commercial activities aswell as research work, which support the school's aims.
* Ensuring School staff receive the training, development and experiences they need to enhance their contribution at school, Faculty and university level, so fulfilling their professional aspirations.
* Playing a leading role in developing professional standards and accreditation across the provision working with faculty senior leadership to raise standards
* Liaising with other Schools and Research Centres in the Faculty to ensure excellent outcomes which meet the expectations, of internal and external stakeholders.
The successful candidate will have a PhD alongside experience in a relevant subject area (or an equivalent level of professional experience alongside a postgraduate qualification in a relevant subject) coupled with a track record of academic excellence, and evidence of delivering an innovative, student-centred curriculum.
Coventry University is committed to providing our employees with the very best opportunities for both career and personal development. We offer a wide choice of development and training courses to all staff as well as generous holiday allowances, final salary pensions and flexible working options. As well as a tailored development programme, we offer a comprehensive benefit package and will consider assistance for those wishing to relocate to the Coventry area.
We hope you share our ambition. To join us on our journey and to find out more, visit www.coventry.ac.uk/creatingfutures
We would welcome enquiries prior to application. For an informal discussion about this post, please contact Nick Gorse, Head of School: firstname.lastname@example.org +44 2476 795601